X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2600 Sander

Anyone use a Ridgid R2600 random orbit sander? I am having a difficult time finding the micro-fiber hook and loop pad replacement. Home Depot has nothing but a flemsy stick on replacement. I have invested in four of these and love the sanders but I am not thrilled with the accesability to replacement parts. The guys at HD look at you like you are speaking a foriegn language when you ask about replacing parts. I can find replacement pads readily available at several other stores(Lowe's etc..) for Dewalt and Bosch. I guess next purchases for the shop these stores and companies may get my money instead of Ridgid and Home Depot. Give me info or feedback.... please.
    Mark

Re: R2600 Sander

Unfortunately, Home Depot is notoriously bad when it comes to providing almost any kind of assistance with parts, no matter what the brand.

You could try Ridgid Parts and there is a link from the Ridgid home page. The part number you are looking for is 300527002.

Another place that is very populare and quite helpful is www.m-and-d.com Simply find the brand link in the right-hand column and then from there, pick the model number of the particular tool from the list. That will get you a PDF file of the illustrated Repair Parts Sheet, from which you can locate the proper number. If you already have a number, then you can search directly for it, and a description and price will be provided.

Here is what I got on my search:

TTI-300527002 RYOBI-RIDGID PART 300527002
    5" DISC ASSEMBLY W/ H&L$12.56

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

The R2600 sander has a 6 inch pad, not 5 inch.

Comment

Oops, I was thinking of the 2610.

Comment

Check out this resource:

http://www.ridgid.com/jobsitelinks/m...subID=Shopping

There's a couple links to places that provide sandpaper. You just want 6" pads with 8 holes (I think it's 8...check the sander to be sure). Get 'em by the bunch; they're cheap. I found a bunch at HD in the tools section with all the other sandpaper. They're not Ridgid parts. Anyone can make the sandpaper to go on the tool.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

You can purchase the replacement sanding discs (and just about everything else) from Mc Master-Carr. www.mcmaster.com I get my shipment the next day. Discs are located on page 2626 of Catalog 115. Otherwise go to the website and search "Hook and Loop Sanding Discs".

Comment

Hey guys , he wants a pad replacement not the sand paper

Comment

Working...
              X