X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Question

Can I use the 2.5 batts on the tools in the 3 piece combo kit that come with the max HC batts. I wanted to buy a hammer drill on clearance and it comes with the 2.5's. I figured I could use those as extras in my other tools.
    For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Re: Battery Question

As long as they are 18 volt tools(or MaxSelect), the 18 volt Nicads will work. So will the 18 volt lithium ion. The 24 volt batteries will only work if the tools are MaxSelect compatible.
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

So on the 18 volt nicad tools that come in the 3 piece kit, I can use the Lithium batts that are 18 volt? Does that include the 1.5's and 3.0's? Thanks for the help.

Comment

All the literature says it should work - I use the MaxSelect stuff, and they accommodate the 18 volt and the 24 volt - it's all in the grabbers where the battery clicks on.

In your case, you are strictly 18 volt, regardless of whether it is Nicad or Lithium, regardless of amp hours, they all click on the same.

So the short answer to your question would be "yes".
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
          All the literature says it should work - I use the MaxSelect stuff, and they accommodate the 18 volt and the 24 volt - it's all in the grabbers where the battery clicks on.

In your case, you are strictly 18 volt, regardless of whether it is Nicad or Lithium, regardless of amp hours, they all click on the same.

So the short answer to your question would be "yes".
          Yes, what he said.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I bought the 18 volt hammer drill with the 2.5's today. The $149.00 price tag was nice. Also got the 9.6 volt pivoting screwdriver. I think it is the coolest thing.

Comment

Working...
            X