X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use the milwaukee V28 stuff???

I just got a heck of a deal on the V28 4pc kit ( $433.28) So i was wondering who has it and what they think of the tools???

Re: Anyone use the milwaukee V28 stuff???

That V28 stuff is the shizzle, man.

The sawzall kicks a$$, the circular goes through 2X4s like butter, and the drill counter sinks screws without a counter sink attachment.

The radio is super cool too, but I gotta get the impact driver, just cuz....

You got a wicked deal - you should grab another just for the extra batteries and sell the rest of the tools on eBay..........
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
      That V28 stuff is the shizzle, man.

The sawzall kicks a$$, the circular goes through 2X4s like butter, and the drill counter sinks screws without a counter sink attachment.

The radio is super cool too, but I gotta get the impact driver, just cuz....

You got a wicked deal - you should grab another just for the extra batteries and sell the rest of the tools on eBay..........
      I debated on what i should get as they have a free tool offer right now so i sent it in for the 1/2" impact gun since it was the most expensive "free" tool i could get.

BTW if anyone is interested i got the kit from Amazon.com for 542.11 and then they have a 20% off milwaukee tools code. it didn't work ( i think it was for accessories only) but i called and they gave me 108 and some change off. its like christmas all over!!!

Comment

Did you wear a mask when you robbed Amazon??

At that price plus the free tool, you should grab another one. After you sell the tools and bag and light, your extra batteries would almost be free.....

I'll give you $100 for the impact driver from that second set buy, just to get you started......heh heh...

Comment

Did you wear a mask when you robbed Amazon??

At that price plus the free tool, you should grab another one. After you sell the tools and bag and light, your extra batteries would almost be free.....

I'll give you $100 for the impact driver from that second set buy, just to get you started......heh heh...
          lol

Comment

I first found info on the V-28 set when I looked through a brochure in a new right angle I got.
            I was absolutely drooling.
            Checked the prices and as soon as I was done crying like a big baby at the $700 tag, I looked into them.
            Last I heard, they had serious wiring problems, overheating so I started looking into Dewalts 36 volt.
            Anyone know anything on whether this trouble is done with?

Comment

The pro desk guy at my local HD said the 36 volt Dewalt was in, gone, back in, then gone again because of problems with them. They are crazy big and heavy.

I asked him about the Milwaukee and he knew of no problems. My local HD only had them in around Christmas of 2006 - they only carry the V18 now.

I'm only a casual user, but I've found from experience that too much power is better than not enough.

If I only would have gotten the big Husky chain saw..........

Comment

i've been very interested and was even tempted to sell my ridgid 24v and get that 20% deal on amazon...but the thing is i really wanted a cordless jig saw...and unfortuately milwaukee doesn't have one

Comment

I used to work for Lowes and got to see the 36 volt Bosch tools in action. Those things are friggin awesome. Everyone that I know that has them loves them and I havent heard of any problems with their tools.
                  For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Comment

Originally posted by jay1605 View Post
                    I used to work for Lowes and got to see the 36 volt Bosch tools in action. Those things are friggin awesome. Everyone that I know that has them loves them and I havent heard of any problems with their tools.
                    i wouldn't doubt it, only problem is that i'm sure it's going to cost an arm and a leg...

Comment

The wiring problem with Milwaukee V28 tools was addressed long ago. You should be fine using them now. The problem was found when they were run under very heavy loads over time. For anyone interested I have read some good reviews of the right angle drill which is much like the 120 Volt AC version.

Comment

The overheating issue with the V28 it was related only to the drill and is supposed to have been fixed a long time ago. There have still been reports and reviews much later complaining the problem still persisted but that could have just been old stock still floating around.

Sizewise the V28 tools are quite big, in fact not really any smaller or lighter than the 36v. Except for the drill all the 36v tools kept the same size and profile as the 18v parts. If you look at a Dewalt 18, 28v, or 36v tool you'll notice they are externally the same look and size with different battery mounts and some differing rubber gripping in some cases.

The pro desk guy at my local HD said the 36 volt Dewalt was in, gone, back in, then gone again because of problems with them. They are crazy big and heavy.
                        I'd like to know what those supposed problems are. Since the beginning those claims have been all over yet no one actually ever seems to report significant problems with the 36v tools and they are still steadily stocked at other stores. HD is never a good indicator as they never seem to stock anything consitantly for any brand. HD's around here usually stock Milwaukee on and off. The only steady thing was always Makita and just recently they cleared them out and dropped them. All they carry now are the black and white's and have started stocking Dewalt and Milwaukee like crazy again.

Comment

I'd like to know what those supposed problems are. Since the beginning those claims have been all over yet no one actually ever seems to report significant problems with the 36v tools and they are still steadily stocked at other stores. HD is never a good indicator as they never seem to stock anything consitantly for any brand. HD's around here usually stock Milwaukee on and off. The only steady thing was always Makita and just recently they cleared them out and dropped them. All they carry now are the black and white's and have started stocking Dewalt and Milwaukee like crazy again.[/quote]

I dunno, that's just what he told me. For a while they had them at the pro desk to demo, then no more. Afterwards they got the Bosch 36 volt, so maybe they chucked the Dewalt in favour of that, or maybe nobody was buying the Dewalt and potential problems weren't worth the hassle......again, I dunno.

I love the Milwaukee, but if I hadn't bought the Milwaukee befor seing the Bosh 36, I'd have been all over it.

Of course, also I bought the Ridgid Maxselect jigsaw, planer, caulking gun, impact, and the compact drill so I could really be the tool man..........

Comment

I've had the Milwaukee V28 for almost two years now. They've always worked great.
                            Another post said the Dewalt 36 volt is the same size as the V28. Well I've never used the Dewalt, but I read a review in "Tools of the Trade" magazine where they compared all the big lithium tools. The reviewer said the Dewalt was more powerful, but he liked the Milwaukee better because they were lighter and less bulky. He also chose the V28 as the overall winner. I think this test was done before the Bosch 36 volt came out.

Comment

In my opinion the Ridgid 18volt tool line with the 3.0AH lithium has them all beat. The warranty adds a lot of value that others just don't offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X