Milwaukee only @ the HD?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee only @ the HD?!

I saw on Toologics that Milwaukee is going be dropped by Lowes to be available only at the HD! Is this a good thing or is it bad?

I hope this means an expanded selection of "RED" at the HD (tools & acc's)!

Ohiohead

http://www.toologics.com/Manufacturer_News/Milwaukee/Milwaukee_Tools_No_Longer_Available_at_Lowes_Soon_ 20080213551.html[/URL]

Re: Milwaukee only @ the HD?!

Thats interesting. I wonder if that will that just apply to the big box stores or every single independent and mail order seller. It looks like HD is now going to be the exclusive TTI product retailer in general. That probably explains why I've seen HD's here start carrying a lot of Milwaukee again after they were practically non-existant for a while.

On another note I read that Sears and Craftsman are splitting ways. Could that mean we'll soon see Craftsman tools at HD soon since many are TTI made as well?

Comment

I would find it highly unlikely that the powers that be at TTI would abandon the highly successful chain of distribution they now have with the Milwaukee line of tool and put all their eggs in the HD basket. The average run of the mill HD customer isn't about to spend the kind of money on a tool that the Milwaukee line deservedly demands. I could be wrong but I doubt it. I'm thinking that it just might be a case of Milwaukee and Lowes parting ways.

What I read about the Sears/Craftsman deal was that K-Mart was thinking of offering the Craftsman line to other retailers and that Sears would no longer have an exclusive. I hadn't heard that Sears would no longer be carrying the Craftsman line of tools.
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 02-14-2008, 01:18 PM.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Hi guys new here but I thought I would chime in

I don't think it will only be at HD, but maybe just not in Lowes. My compnay has a account with Milwaukee and we purchase from them on a regular basis. In fact I guess I should be checking some prices on some stuff for myself.

But I think the issue I see would be why would HD carry Milwaukee and Ridgid and Ryobi all from TTI exclusivly ? Will Lowes become the Dewalt dealer perhaps as it seems they have a better relationship with B&D ?

The Sears/Craftsman split is yet to be seen, all we know is Fast Eddie talking about splittign up the Sears Holding Corp into different companies. Lands End, Craftsman, K-mart, Sears, etc... Now then Craftsman would be it's own company still under the SHC, but could possibly choose to distribute through other sources. I would think it would be competeing with more so with Stanley at that point.

Comment

I've seen some Craftsman hand and power tools at places other than Sears. A huge industrial supply house I do business with has a limited selection in stock now. Their prices on them seem too high to interest me, but it's fun to look.

Comment

Sears/Craftsman
            What I heard on the Toolmonger podcast was:
            Sears is going to spin-off Craftsman as a separate company.
            Craftsman would then be free to negotiate any distribution channels they wished.

Comment

I have purchased a craftsman belt sander at OSH recently here in Cali. I never really thought about it until now.
              A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                I've seen some Craftsman hand and power tools at places other than Sears. A huge industrial supply house I do business with has a limited selection in stock now. Their prices on them seem too high to interest me, but it's fun to look.
                Tylertool.com and a few other online retailers carry some Craftsman stuff also. I assume there are some places who are able to by soon to be/discontinued stock or a certain selection of tools and sell them, but from what Tyler told me before if it's not on their website they don't have it meaning they do not have access to it.

While I would prefer a larger distribution network for Craftsman I can't say I would want them in HD or Lowes. I would prefer Sears to hurry up the remodeling of Kmart and Sears and put a nice full selction of Craftsman tools in there, not the one aisle with half the packages missing tools and the other half locked on to the peg hook. It almost looks as bad as the Big Lots tool section, which sometimes I get lucky and find some Stanley stuff there for cheap.

Funny thing is I went in to the sotre and they have a $15-25 wrench set locked down, but the $40-50 Gear Wrench brand was not. Where the logic is I will never know. Also it's a pain to find some one to come and unlock the stuff.

Comment

All, I only meant that Depot would be the only "big box" retailer for Milwaukee going forward if the above is true.

Milwaukee would be stupid to mess up their I/C & 2 step business that has always been successful over the years.

In regards to Craftman (sp - sorry) - in Ohio you can get some stuff at Kmart & at Fastenal.

Ohiohead

Comment

Originally posted by ohiohead View Post
                    All, I only meant that Depot would be the only "big box" retailer for Milwaukee going forward if the above is true.

Milwaukee would be stupid to mess up their I/C & 2 step business that has always been successful over the years.

In regards to Craftman (sp - sorry) - in Ohio you can get some stuff at Kmart & at Fastenal.

Ohiohead
                    You have been able to get a selection of Craftsman at Kmart for a while. This happened shortly after Kmart bought Sears. Fastenal is news to me, but I have seen it in other places here and there.

Comment

All this just because Lowes may stop selling Milwaukee

I can assure all of you that far more Milwaukee power tools and accessories are sold by more serious dealers than at all the big boxes combined. It's places such as electrical wholesale and plumbing wholesale houses, tool dealers and industrial supply companies that really sell Milwaukee. What we can find at the big boxes is only a small selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                        All this just because Lowes may stop selling Milwaukee

I can assure all of you that far more Milwaukee power tools and accessories are sold by more serious dealers than at all the big boxes combined. It's places such as electrical wholesale and plumbing wholesale houses, tool dealers and industrial supply companies that really sell Milwaukee. What we can find at the big boxes is only a small selection.

Well I think the concern is two things
                        1. Clearence at the Lowes
                        2. Easier access to the selction of Milwaukee tools and competitive pricing.

I work for a distrutor and have access to all of Milwaukee's products, as well as Hilti. But If I want something I have to order it and wait, versus going to HD or Lowes and grabbing it, granted that's if it is something they carry.

Comment

Originally posted by Knary50 View Post
                          Well I think the concern is two things
                          1. Clarence at the Lowes
                          When I have a chance I'm going to look in Lowes near me and see what special deals they have. I have a feeling the best will be gone and that this may not be at all locations. Anymore if I go to several different locations of Home Depot or Lowes each one is quite a different place from the others.

Comment

We sell a wide range of Milwaukee Tools (see here) and actually there is a good amount the big boxes don't carry from Milwaukee. You aren’t going to find most of the V28 line in the stores for instance. They are even out of stock online??

Problem with Milwaukee is they make professional grade tools which mean they can handle daily use but they cost more. HD sells mainly to DIY consumers who want the cheapest tools possible. This is why they sell tons of Ryobi and other tools that are cheaper than Milwaukee.

Our main customers are professional who use these tools everyday which is why we carry a large inventory of all V28, V18 & Bosch 36v and don't even carry the cheaper lines. We tried a while ago but they just don't stand up to heavy duty use and then you have angry customers in the store.

Milwaukee is not getting rid of their independent dealers. These are the companies that deal direct with professionals, their target market.
                            Jay
                            Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
                            Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Just got off the phone with Milwaukee Customer Service and she informed me that the deal was signed last month...

Home Depot is the EXCLUSIVE big box store retailer for Milwaukee Tools both in the United States and Canada.

You will still find Milwaukee at the smaller specialty stores/suppliers, but as far as big box stores, HOME DEPOT is it.

So......if you find a smokin' deal/clearout at Lowe's, Rona, wherever.....you better grab it............
                              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X