Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee V18 Hammer Drill is terrible.

So I got a brand new Milwaukee lithium ion 18v hammer drill. It is the new model they have and ran me close to $300. I have been having a lot of trouble with it. First off, it seems like the battery does not last long at all, sometimes it is all I can do to do drill a 2 3/4 holesaw hole through a roof. Besides the seemingly short battery life, when I go to spin the bit out while holding the chuck, the drill will freeze and growl at me. I get the same growl sometimes when I use a holesaw too. I am used to a drill taking me for a ride and smashing my fingers, not stalling out. Did I get a crap drill or what is the deal? I bought Milwaukee because I know they have a great reputation for their sawzalls and other stuff. I also have their radio. Any suggestions? I took it to a repair station and they said it is fine.

Re: Milwaukee V18 Hammer Drill is terrible.

The only thing I can think of is the clutch isnt set high enough when using the holesaw. But that doesnt explain why it happens when releasing a bit. I have used this drill before and it was a brute. You might have the one bad one out of the bunch.
    For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Comment

You should take it back and get the v28.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-0928...3204559&sr=8-1

One forum member also noted he got an extra 20 percent off plus the free tool offer - you're going to spend 50 percent(or more) more, but you'll have 5 tools instead of one, at a better voltage.

More money, but $300 bucks for just the drill kit is expensive. You might as well get one of the Ridgid 24 volt combos or the 18 volt ultimate kit if you're going to spend $300.
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I've had the same drill for a couple months now and had no issues at all with it. I've used a hole saw, mixed drywall mud, drilled plendy of holes, no trouble at all. Sounds like you just got a bad one.

Comment

I purchased the Milwaukee V18 drill kit last summer and have had no issues with it. Drill has plenty of torque, the chuck is excellent and the li-ion batteries have a longer run time than the nicads. Plus, the V18 batteries will work with most of the older 18 volt Milwaukee tools.

Comment

Using an 18 Volt cordless drill with a 2-3/4" hole saw is asking alot from the drill. Do be sure of the clutch settings and that it is set for straight drilling and not screw driving. Take it slow and see how it works out. If you're used to corded power tools, the cordless ones (most anyway) just aren't as powerful.

Comment

Working...
            X