Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Weather and Ridgids Saw

12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Adjustable Laser
    MS1290LZA

Someone in here once asked if this saw was alright in cold weather. Well I'm here to tell ya, I have ran my saw through 2 winters and it works just fine. I have ran it in temps, down to -25 w/windchills of -50, at least 4 times this year. Most winter days, as it warms up would be around 0 to +10.

But when I start in the mornings, my saw is not stored in a heated building and its down right cold out. It can be a little slower at initial start up, but in 1 or 2 seconds later, its at full rpm and performs well. No broken belts, no nothing broken.

So if anyone is ever wondering about the cold weather effecting it, not to worry. I have had this saw out in the elements for 2 cold winters, and let me tell you, its been cold, just ask Pipestone Kid, he lives up here too.

However I did finally crack my plastic throat plate, but it was my negligence for not cleaning it out underneath it. So, to this date, I still will stand by my saw and say its a great product. Now I need another throat plate, anyone wanna sell me theirs...
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Cold Weather and Ridgids Saw

What do you means, "It's been cold--coldest we have had is 33 degrees below zero--time for an early morning swim. " Of course, that doesn't include the windchill!

Comment

Re: Cold Weather and Ridgids Saw

Confirmed then , I was being lenient on the temps, some people just cannot fathom those degrees....
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
      X