Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I hook up a TS2400LS to a Ridgid 6 gal Vac?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I hook up a TS2400LS to a Ridgid 6 gal Vac?

The table saw has a 2 1/2" outlet port and the Ridgid vacuum has a 1 3/4" nozzle at the end of its hose. I picked up a "transition" adaptor for Ridgid vacuums at HD but the big end is exactly 2 1/2" (so it doesn't fit over or inside the port from the TS 2400 and none of the multiple sized smaller ends are a snug fit on the vacuum hose.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: How do I hook up a TS2400LS to a Ridgid 6 gal Vac?

You can get the ridgid premium vac hose. It's actually a 1 7/8 hose but uses the proper 2 1/2" fittings at the ends. It's kind of expensive but I know for sure it will work.

Comment

Thanks - I'll probably give it a try.

Comment

Try going to a local plumbing store or any hardware and checking out the PVC fittings you might get lucky.

Comment

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to ask but what size is the port on the vac side? The actual port size on the vac end should be 2.5". A regular 2.5" replacement hose would probably do the trick.

Comment

I got the Pro hose and attachments. Tow of the attachments included did the trick. One fit the vac and the other was a friction fit over the saw dust port. I'm disappointed that Ridgid doesn't sell the individual bits (let alone actually tell you what you might need to make the hookup). I'm leaving the Pro Hose attached to the saw and use the original hose for shop cleanup.

fyi - yes, the vac port is 2 1/2" but I don't understand how another replacement hose would help.

Comment

They also sell the standard replacement hoses which are 2.5" at both ends so they will also fit. I was thinking the vac port was a different size for some reason.

Comment

Well, I'm back in business. Thanks for all the help guys!

Comment

Working...
                X