X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New And Improved RIDGID Band Saw

For those who haven't heard, including myself, Ridgid has a new band saw. You can see and read about it here.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: New And Improved RIDGID Band Saw

why oh why do we never hear about these things frist? oh yeah and where is that radio???
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

You know about the majority of things first. This one has been so stinking long in coming that I forgot about telling you about it before it came out. I was dying to tell you about it back when all the complaining about our saw was going on. Probrand wouldnt let me

Comment

Don't remember how long ago, but I did tell you about the new saw they were going to bring out. Including the serpentine belt and pullies that I know this one has and I have not looked at daves link yet. Rep at a show told me about it. well over a year ago.
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Ah yes. But where to buy one.
          I was thinking about taking a chance on the BS 1400.
          I am glad I waited. Procrastination does have its benefits.

Comment

I just wished Ridgid would buy back our junk BS1400's and let us apply the money towards this one!!!

Comment

I just wish Ridgid would buy back our junk BS 1400's and let us apply the money to this new bandsaw!!!

Comment

It's anybodies guess when the new model will show up. It's not listed in the 2008 Ridgid tool catalog. Maybe they will surprise us and start shipping soon.
                sigpicSeldom Wrong, BUT Never in Doubt

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                  For those who haven't heard, including myself, Ridgid has a new band saw. You can see and read about it here.
                  Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                  why oh why do we never hear about these things frist? oh yeah and where is that radio???
                  You know, the frustrating thing is, the lack of info getting to us.

The company that I primarily work for, one of the Big Three automakers, may have it's downfalls, but at least we have a definitive communications strategy. Take for example the International Auto Show in Detroit. The various updated vehicles, both new models and concepts, were unveiled to the media, industry insiders, and the public at the auto show. The amazing thing is, all of this information was simultaneously or previously available to all customers on the webpages, as well as by calling in to customer service. This info is just not privy to a select few who may be at the show. And yes, this info is released and available even before the vehicles are sitting at the dealers waiting to be sold. Does Ridgid/TTI/OWT seem to have mastered this? Heck no! Webpage still not updated, no announcement as to definitive release dates, expected MSRPs, etc. You don't see the automakers go "we're going to release a new car, a Radio Cruzer let's call it. It's going to be a 2006. Uh, maybe a 2007. Nope, a 2008. Maybe."

But the biggest thing is, make sure all resources match up. Sometimes stuff is in the stores for days/weeks/etc. with no info on the webpage, and calls to customer service getting the "we have no plans to do so" type of answers.

And hey, here's an idea - let's say the new 14volt pocket driver are planned to be released on March 12th, to pick out a random number. How 'bout you post a basic amount of information on the webpage (picture, model number, basics specs/info) a little bit ahead of time, say on January 10th. That way, you help garner customer interest. And one of the biggest things - you, as the manufacturer/namesake of the product, have info listed on your own item and on your own webpage, rather than have customer's rely on getting their info and any product pics from 3rd party webpages.

(Josh, PB, nothing against you guys - I know you guys do what you can to let us know info, that there are other powers-that-be that are making these decisions as to what info is being released when. And I know that you love the company you work for, and I get that. But this is geared more towards those making these decisions, and their lack of what seems like a strategy in doing so. Sorry - just another little rant, here. )

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                    Sorry - just another little rant, here. )
                    and a very well worded rant, and i agree completly.
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                      But the biggest thing is, make sure all resources match up. Sometimes stuff is in the stores for days/weeks/etc. with no info on the webpage, and calls to customer service getting the "we have no plans to do so" type of answers.
                      Or even worse, the product is on the webpage, customer service does know about it, but you can't buy it if you're in the US...ala` RIDGID's 23 Gauge 1 3/8" Headless Pinner model # R138HPA.

Talking having an itch you can't scratch.

Do us Yanks a flavor ya dang canuck, start flogging those suckers on Ebay for us would ya.

Comment

Working...
                      X