first repair experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first repair experience

had my first experience having a Rdgid tool repaired and it was painless. took the 14.4V impact driver, with a bit stuck in the quick coupler, to a repair facility and 10 days later, it was at my front door good as new with the offending drill bit also returned. couldn't have been easier. the repair shop got all my info online. i didn't have to provide a receipt or ebox id. nothing. bravo, Ridgid.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Re: first repair experience

Good to hear you had a painless experience. It's nice for us here on the forum to hear the good experiences, too. Glad to hear.

Comment

FINER9998, I'm glad that your repair experience was a positive one. I also have that impact driver and was wondering, was the bit stuck because it mushroomed or was there some other reason?
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I too had a great repair experience recently. I bought the Ridgid bandsaw last year. (I know - I failed to check the forum prior to my purchase.) Anyway, the hinge assembly broke about a month ago. I took it to the local authorized service center. They had it fixed within two weeks. The only bad part of the experience was having to load up the saw in my truck by myself to take it to the service center.

I tried getting Ridgid to send the part to me because it was an easy part to replace, but they refused. I could have paid for it, but then I was informed that if I replaced the part myself it would void the LLSA.

I just hope I never have to take my 3650 in for a repair. I'll need forklift!

Comment

Thats great news. I never had to have any tools repaired, I guess I've been lucky in that aspect. Its good to know the whole repair process works.

Thanks for the post

Comment

BD..I have no idea what they did. they told me they replaced the motor, but that worked fine. i have the offending drill bit and it is still useful with no problem going in or coming out of either the repaired driver or any other quick coupler. i think the coupler broke as it would not release teh bit, which is what necessitated the repair.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
            X