18V cordless drill slipping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18V cordless drill slipping

I just purchase a 18 V. Ridgid cordless drill and put a sharp bit in it to drill through some very thin metal. I chucked it very tight and when it met some resistance as it was getting ready to go through the other side the bit started slipping in the chuck. It is on center and I tightened it really good. Is this common w/ these types of chucks?

Re: 18V cordless drill slipping

Mack, is it possible that the clutch setting is not on the "drill" mode but on one of the lower slippage settings? I haven't had that problem with any of my cordless, keyless chuck drills, unless the chuck is defective it should grab very well. Open it wide and make sure the jaws are okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Mack, is it possible that the clutch setting is not on the "drill" mode but on one of the lower slippage settings? I haven't had that problem with any of my cordless, keyless chuck drills, unless the chuck is defective it should grab very well. Open it wide and make sure the jaws are okay.
      Thanks for the reply. It was on the strongest setting and the bit was staying still while the drill spun. I will go try it again and see what happens. My dewalt did the same thing when it got hung up.

Comment

I just checked. I did have it on the wrong setting. Opps, It cut through like it was butter. Thanks

Comment

You are very welcome, glad it was an easy fix.

Comment

Working...
          X