Clear All

• Ridgid 4 Piece Lithium Set

Just got out of work...saw an order in the computer

Sku 836-027. $499 3 sets on order.

Ordered 2/20 due in 3/1.

i cant wait!!

Re: Ridgid 4 Piece Lithium Set

18 or 24v?

if it's 24v, the 3 piece kit is $379, add the circular for $119 and you got $498...

how is this kit any more special?

Comment

Also, if it's 18v, which batteries come with it?

Comment

without a doubt it would be the 3.0Ah 18 volt batts...

Comment

Ridgid fans: My local HD had three new 4 piece 18V LI-ion sets available last night on a wooden skid. The tools have the same model # as found with the 3 or 5 piece Ni-cad kits. The batteries are the long anticipated 3.0 !!! The charger is a single unit and the kit consists of Hammer drill, 6.5" circular saw, impact, and reciprocating saw. The HD tool guy said they just arrived and retails for $499. Add up the parts separately and I think its a great price but what do you Ridgid fans think?? I am tempted to return my unopened 18V Li-ion 1.5 drill kit single battery I bought last week for $99 x2. The wobbling chuck thread was not reassuring.
          Last edited by reConx; 02-22-2008, 01:27 AM. Reason: update

Comment

OOoo..I can't wait! Does it look like the tools have any improvements? Also are there any different combinations of tools you can buy? I really don't need the circular saw and would like to have it substituted with something else. As for your compact drill, I would keep it. I've had mine for months and never had a problem.

Comment

meh, currently the 2.5Ah nicad 3 piece is $169, thats $330 for a circular saw and switching the two batteries for lithium ions and .5 more Ah...

until the 3 piece nicad's got out of special, i don't think this kit will be that big of a hit...

i think ridgid batteries and kits need to prove they are as tough and reliable as other brands like bosch, makita, dewalt, milwaukee, etc...

sure ridgid's nicads has proven themselves to be powerful and a great value, but so far i'm not completely impressed with the lithiums...

Comment

Originally posted by reconx View Post
                Ridgid fans: My local HD had three new 4 piece 18V LI-ion sets available last night on a wooden skid. The tools have the same model # as found with the 3 or 5 piece Ni-cad kits. The batteries are the long anticipated 3.0 !!! The charger is a single unit and the kit consists of Hammer drill, 6.5" circular saw, impact, and reciprocating saw. The HD tool guy said they just arrived and retails for $499. Add up the parts separately and I think its a great price but what do you Ridgid fans think?? I am tempted to return my unopened 18V Li-ion 1.5 drill kit single battery I bought last week for $99 x2. The wobbling chuck thread was not reassuring.
                So, no flashlight? I actually use mine alot, but the impact instead is nice. The price does seem a little high considering you can get the 5pc nicad set for $299. We'll probably see alot of people buying the nicad set and this set, then selling one set of tools on ebay and keeping the extra batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Hottrodd View Post
                  So, no flashlight? I actually use mine alot, but the impact instead is nice. The price does seem a little high considering you can get the 5pc nicad set for $299. We'll probably see alot of people buying the nicad set and this set, then selling one set of tools on ebay and keeping the extra batteries.
                  my bad for my statement earlier...i didn't read that it's the impact instead of the light...
                  That does give it a better value then drill/recip/circular/light, but I agree, they should have just thrown the light in there, it’s relatively inexpensive, and for most people, it’s used more often then the other tools…

Comment

$500 is way over priced for this set, you can buy a Milwaukee V28 for about that, or a 18V LiIon even less. The LiIon tools Ridgid is positioning in a market that is not on the same level of quality or performance. I was totally diapointed in the compact 18v drill, my Makita 12v or Milwaukee 14.4v are much better in build, chucks are much higher quality and better motors/gearbox all metal for about the same weight. The drill chuck is terrible in runout and grip, a cheap chuck like on a Ryobi tool and it it too bulky and heavy compared to the other compacts like Makita(white) for example, which you can buy a ID and Drill set for $225 as opposed to drill only for $187 in Ridgid. They do not even have a compact ID.

Comment

$500 does seem a bit high, but I am sure we wiill see some price cuts soon and the perhaps som price drops as new kits roll out. I think we are just getting a little stickers shock.

Would be nice to se a flash light though as most every kit has them or are available for around $10-15.... Maybe Ridgid is waiting to release a new led flashlight.

Comment

Makita LXT407 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4 PC Cordless Combo Set
                        Price:$319.99
                        Amazon.com
                        5 stars after a users yr use, much better ergonomics, look at the specs too. I am sorry but after the rudeness of the CS rep on the phone at Ridgid with the LSA and battery issue concerning their oun catalog , anyway this is a better tool set for less money.
                        The 7pc set is $579 with a Radio, grinder,circ saw, hammerdrill,ID,recip saw, light.
                        http://www.amazon.com/s?%5Fencoding=...FWG03BQT2HME6B
                        The 3Ah batteries are about $130 for a 2PK as opposed to $200 + tx for the Ridgid.

The compact set has an Impact driver too 2 batteries,case,drill for $199 but as in the Ridgid compact the run times are shorter. The ridgid drill 2 batts is $187 + tax and no Impact driver, which is $120 as a bare tool alone.

Comment

AM,
                          Thanks for the update! That combo definitely beats the 18V 1.5 drill kits for $99 x2 or the 4 pc set we have been discussing. Competition can make the consumer the winner sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
                            Makita LXT407 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4 PC Cordless Combo Set
                            Price:$319.99
                            Amazon.com
                            5 stars after a users yr use, much better ergonomics, look at the specs too. I am sorry but after the rudeness of the CS rep on the phone at Ridgid with the LSA and battery issue concerning their oun catalog , anyway this is a better tool set for less money.
                            The 7pc set is $579 with a Radio, grinder,circ saw, hammerdrill,ID,recip saw, light.
                            http://www.amazon.com/s?%5Fencoding=...FWG03BQT2HME6B
                            The 3Ah batteries are about $130 for a 2PK as opposed to $200 + tx for the Ridgid.

The compact set has an Impact driver too 2 batteries,case,drill for $199 but as in the Ridgid compact the run times are shorter. The ridgid drill 2 batts is $187 + tax and no Impact driver, which is $120 as a bare tool alone.

How many of these did you buy?

Comment

How many did I buy? None yet.
                              Why do you ask and why does it matter? I am not a troll, if that is your question. I have posts since 2001, and have been quite happy with my JP610, not so much with the BS1400 ,an early TS3650 that had motor problems(bent fan and CC out of adjustment) ,stand flex and a arbor machining defect so I gave up and it went back to HD. I have a Unisaw and 22124 CM saws that work great, and have had excellent CS from Delta and Orion.
                              I have a lot of cordless tools various voltage and types,NiCad,NiMh,; LiIon 10.8V,PS10,20,30, Bosch & Dremel. Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee, and 2 Ridgid 12V's , a drill and angle driver which I would rate as OK, run time is the shortest of any of my tools.
                              I was looking for better performance in the 24V Ridgid as my batteries in some of my tools are getting older but now after the failure of the 2 x 24V starter kits in shuttting down not during use and trying to go to 18V 2.5max batteries seeing in Ridgid's catalog, part number included, in the battery section, the LSA icon I thought I would just buy 2 to be able to run the 8pc kit I bought better. They are $79 +tx. FOR 1! NiCad, which are almost 2x the price of a DW's , if you buy a 2pk of XRP batteries and there is no LSA if not bought in a kit ,as told to me by "THE CS supervisor", and she said that it is no use trying to argue as to their published lit. and their policies, PERIOD, end of story basically.
                              I have not decided if I am going to buy any LiIon kits yet or just buy some new batteries or have them rebuilt. I am not sure there is any real advantage unless you go to 36V if you really want cord like performance. The V28 Milwaukee seem good but they also are owned by OWT so I do not know if I want to buy that brand now, my Milwaukee tools, cord and cordless are either made in the USA or Germany bought prior to the OWT buy out. The tools are very good, the 18V batteries are not that great for some reason, even after the recall replaced them.
                              The 12V Ridgids , [2005]are going back for LSA because the run time is really short now. I have 2 x 6 year old DW xrp 12V batteries that are still OK, they seem to be the best for me in performance. The NiMh Makita's are not that great, they lose charge the fastest in non use, but run OK when charged.
                              I try to buy what is best not what brand it is, but I also avoid CO's that have bad CS. I think HD and Ridgid are on the same page in that regard in my local area at least. I am not trying to bash Ridgid for that purpose alone, but they are no where as good a company they used to be when they were owned and operated by Emerson.
                              BTW, I emailed them over a week ago by reading here that was a good way to get accurate info, they sent a computer reply that I have a priority in their CS dept.,contact that will be in a few days, No answer yet.
                              Last edited by Andrew M.; 02-23-2008, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X