OFFICIAL: the radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OFFICIAL: the radio

Does anyone know how long this unit will last on the the 18 or 24volt battery? I am using this for camping and do not currently have any Rigid packs or chargers - I'd rather not invest in them if there isn't a reasonable amount of playback time. I consider anything >= 8 hours at a medium volume reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by jaco View Post
      The problem with downloads/MP3's is that the music sonic quality is NOT up to par with a CD.
      Portable players like iPods are popular because of the small size, ease of use and cramming thousands of songs into a small device but for true fidelity, they are not up to par with a CD.
      If you rip a cd at a high enough bitrate, most will have a very difficult time distinguishing from a cd. Granted a lot of the music services only provide 192kbps, but even at that rate, tests have shown that rips at 192 are very close to cd quality.

Besides, even if you can tell the difference between a cd and a rip at 192 on decent equipment, betcha can't on a $150 Rigid radio.......and if you think you can, just plug your portable cd player into the aux2 port instead of an mp3 player.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
        Are you all sure this radio doesn't have AM band? I live for am talk radio as for the most part, keeps me out of trouble for my
        Yes, there is AM - at least mine has it.

Comment

no charger!?!? what a waste. been waiting all this time for a reason to buy this in hopes of the second charger. here i come ebay for dual charger untill ridgid makes a new radio.

Comment

how many times are people going to say no charger ,read back a little and you will find out why no charger
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
              how many times are people going to say no charger ,read back a little and you will find out why no charger
              Personally I think it is a rather poor excuse. Bosch has a charger on their radio, so obviously they found a way around it. Let's just assume Ridgid had to pay a fee to DeWalt of $10 per radio sold that had a charger in it, wouldn't that have made the price of the radio worth it? How many would pay $10 more and buy this radio as compared to the huge numbers that stated they will not buy this radio?

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by piette View Post
                Personally I think it is a rather poor excuse. Bosch has a charger on their radio, so obviously they found a way around it. Let's just assume Ridgid had to pay a fee to DeWalt of $10 per radio sold that had a charger in it, wouldn't that have made the price of the radio worth it? How many would pay $10 more and buy this radio as compared to the huge numbers that stated they will not buy this radio?

Jeff
                I think you will notice Bosch is actually probably going to discontinue their radio. They lost a prety big lawsuit to DeWalt and Home Depot is currently clearancing the Bosch Radio.

The Ridgid radio is already way over priced and I am not sure who would pay $159 for a boat anchor even if it had a charger.

Comment

Originally posted by knightfisher View Post
                  patented by who? Rigid? Why would this hinder Rigid incorporating a charger in a Rigid product?
                  might want to make sure you know how to spell the name of the company you are talking about.

Comment

you can burn them to a DVD then it would hold over 2000 songs

Comment

a good idea for ridgid to make good with the radio customers would be to have a satelite charger for this radio. meaning, its completely seperate from the radio, uses the side port charger witch you could also use in your car. this would work great for new construction guys that dont have power to the house yet or generators. i havent noticed ridgid with a cigarete lighter charger, correct me if im wrong please. with this satelite charger and the radio, this high price could be justified, hell maybe even another $10 or $20 more i could see people paying for it.

thats my $.02

Comment

Got the radio today and I can say i will be returning it. I feel this thing is not what I came to expext from Ridgid. The fact it cant charge batteries is understandable, I suppose. But to advertise it as IPOD compatible is a farce. All it does is play music. You cant skip songs or stop the playing. You can buy another radio that really is IPOD compatible for much less money. Its basically an aux input. When I purchased the drill kit I was really buying into the Ridgid tool group. And with all the other manufactures already having there radios out I thought that Ridgid would have the best features of them combined, minuse the charger. Am seriously reconsidering the purchase. Would really like to see the radio redesigned.

Comment

Why does everything made by Ridgid weigh a damn ton? Don't get me wrong, I love my 18V set, and all of the extras I found for it, but they are so heavy, and now this radio! I cannot justify a jobsite radio that weighs nearly twice what the Milwaukee one does... I waited for this radio for nothing.

Comment

Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Glowmunkey View Post
                              Why does everything made by Ridgid weigh a damn ton? Don't get me wrong, I love my 18V set, and all of the extras I found for it, but they are so heavy, and now this radio! I cannot justify a jobsite radio that weighs nearly twice what the Milwaukee one does... I waited for this radio for nothing.

I have to agree, finally saw the radio today and I just couldn't believe how much it weighed. It has to weigh at least twice as much as my dewalt. I was also disappointed to read in a earlier post that the radio doesn't have basic ipod controls (play/pause, skip song). It is nice that is protects the ipod and charges it. I also like the 12v outlet which the Milwaukee already has. I will have to do more examining before I will be ready to make the swap. I think Ridgid put some innovative idea into the radio and I am interested to hear how it sounds. Maybe the sound will justify the extra weight, big speaker magnets and powerful amp?

Comment

bosh has the radio.Why riged couldn't learn from them i'm not shure.the bosh radio has a remote,four recptical outlets,a battery charger,and a cd player.hope riged will rethink there dezine

Comment

Working...
                                X