Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OFFICIAL: the radio

Originally posted by tidmore2 View Post
    bosh has the radio.Why riged couldn't learn from them i'm not shure.the bosh radio has a remote,four recptical outlets,a battery charger,and a cd player.hope riged will rethink there dezine

Dude, dude, dude, the spelling errors are killing brain cells as we read it

Comment

Originally posted by tidmore2 View Post
      bosh has the radio.Why riged couldn't learn from them i'm not shure.the bosh radio has a remote,four recptical outlets,a battery charger,and a cd player.hope riged will rethink there dezine
      I agree with your thoughts, but dude, get a freakin' dictionary. It's hard to listen to someone complain about something, while they can't even bother to spell common English correctly or use correct grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by jaco View Post
        Dude, dude, dude...
        Dude. DOOD!

LOL.

Comment

I think the thing that bothers me the most is how little information from this forum Ridgid uses to get us what we want. I think over the past 4 years there are hundreds of requests for the radio. Almost all asked for a charging unit. I know several of you will say that there is a patent problem with putting on charger on the radio. Well, here's a solution...make it a charging unit that slid onto the radio....problem solved.

It could have been so much better. Very disappointed. I've said it before, Ridgid pays very little attention to this forum...which basically is their customer base.

They know better than us.
          Kilroy was here!

Comment

Originally posted by Kilroy377 View Post
            I think the thing that bothers me the most is how little information from this forum Ridgid uses to get us what we want. I think over the past 4 years there are hundreds of requests for the radio. Almost all asked for a charging unit. I know several of you will say that there is a patent problem with putting on charger on the radio. Well, here's a solution...make it a charging unit that slid onto the radio....problem solved.

It could have been so much better. Very disappointed. I've said it before, Ridgid pays very little attention to this forum...which basically is their customer base.

They know better than us.
            I'm also disappointed with Ridgid's response to the many good suggestions on these threads. Why ask for new tool ideas if you don't put them to use? I agree that a charger that slid or snapped into or onto the radio would have gotten around the legal problems, but I guess the experts at Ridgid thought differently. I'm fine with my 18 volt Ridgid set, but I'm not okay that the variety of tools is very limited. Hey, it's their business and if they don't offer the tools and accessories some of us want other manufacturers do.

Comment

call me crazy, but to me, a good job site radio should have good loud quality sound, and can take a beating. i don't need my radio it to charge batteries, drill holes, rip plywood, or make phone calls, because 10 times out of 10, i can do all of that with out a radio. i just need loud clear music to drown out the other trades. how is the sound quality on this radio?

Comment

Originally posted by MR.WRENCH View Post
                call me crazy, but to me, a good job site radio should have good loud quality sound, and can take a beating. i don't need my radio it to charge batteries, drill holes, rip plywood, or make phone calls, because 10 times out of 10, i can do all of that with out a radio. i just need loud clear music to drown out the other trades. how is the sound quality on this radio?

Good observation. The radio that I have on the job site doesn't do any of those things either, but plays loud and long on a battery which is what I want it to do. I very seldom charge batteries in the field as I carry enough of them and some are "stored" on tools that don't get much daily use. My shop radio is where I could use a charger, but it's not critical there either. When I charge batteries I plug in every charger that I have so that they are all done within an hours time and I leave. The separation of the functions doesn't bother me, but it would be an added convenience at times.

Comment

I just had a "DUH" moment.

I got an e-mail today about a 10% rebate on the Ridgid Jobsite Radio, so I decided to check homedepot.com to see if the price was still $140, or if they had dropped it to something more reasonable. Unfortunately, it's still $140. However, I noticed that there are reviews about the radio on homedepot.com, so I took a look. There is a guy talking about the reason for no charger is because of the bad reception the charger creates in the radio. We have only heard about patent problems, but what he says is absolutely true. My charger seriously interferes with my radio in my garage when the charger is charging a battery. I can't have the two anywhere near each other. I'm sure the problem could be solved with different circuitry or shielding, but as they are now, Ridgid chargers don't mix with good radio reception.
                  Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Here is the 10% off coupon if anyone needs it.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpicSeldom Wrong, BUT Never in Doubt

Comment

I myself finally broke down and bought one a couple of days ago. And it will be sadly going back this weekend. Not too pleased with it. Yes it looks good. But it is very heavy, and like others have said, the speakers don't sound very crisp and clear when it is turned up (my 1" laptop speakers sound better). And the big kicker for me is that it has horrible radio reception. I listen to a sports-talk radio station out of Detroit (about 50 miles away from me). I get very horrible static-filled reception on the Ridgid radio of this primary station that I listen to. The sad thing is that my $30 little Grundig crank radio gets this station very well. And the other primary reasons for this Ridgid radio (iPod dock, race scanner) is of no use to me at this time.

Unfortunately, this is my first Ridgid item for a complete return. I'll wait until they start clearing out for $70 or so in another year or two.

Comment

Working...
                      X