Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL: the radio

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R8408-Jobsite-Radio/

Re: OFFICIAL: the radio

I wish Ridgid luck with this product, looks real nice. I guess it would be difficult or impossible to accomodate all perspective buyers, but a race scanner is of no interest or use to me. I would have preferred a police scanner, or some other emergency frequency access. No big deal. Good to see it finally coming to market.

Comment

Glad it's finally here on the website, but will be happier when it's on the shelf at HD. I still can't figure out why the designers thought a race scanner was more important than a battery charger. If it had a beer dispenser instead of a charger, I could understand the trade-off much, much.......MUCH better!
      Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Battery charger is patented.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_d View Post
          Glad it's finally here on the website, but will be happier when it's on the shelf at HD. I still can't figure out why the designers thought a race scanner was more important than a battery charger. If it had a beer dispenser instead of a charger, I could understand the trade-off much, much.......MUCH better!

If we're talking race scanner for events like Nascar.....

That targets a huge market and they'll be very pleased with the numbers on that move.

They won't be able to keep those radios on the shelf...
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

It really does need to have a universal charger for Ridgid batteries. Without that, I have some doubts on sales.

Comment

It's a nice looking radio , but without a charger, doesn't really offer much advantage to anyone other than running of a Ridgid battery. I am sure a lot of people already bought Bosch, Milwaukee, and and Dewalt radios so I don't think it will move too quickly. Also Price wise will make a difference

Dewalt Radio/Charger139.99
              Milwaukee $89.99
              Bosch $179.00 With CD player, power outlet charger etc

Comment

I'm with Franki on this one.

I am very pleased about the Ipod connector but confused about the scanner.

If I'm at a Nascar race with the radio what does the scanner pick up? drivers talking to crew chiefs? What do they talk about?

[driver] Dick Trickle: "the car feels heavy, should I pull it into pit row?"
                [crew chief] Jack Tupp: "No, keep making left hand turns"

It's a Jobsite radio. I don't see people taking it to races but I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  I'm with Franki on this one.

I am very pleased about the Ipod connector but confused about the scanner.

If I'm at a Nascar race with the radio what does the scanner pick up? drivers talking to crew chiefs? What do they talk about?

[driver] Dick Trickle: "the car feels heavy, should I pull it into pit row?"
                  [crew chief] Jack Tupp: "No, keep making left hand turns"

It's a Jobsite radio. I don't see people taking it to races but I may be wrong.

Yer forgettin' the rednecks in the RV's! Dude!

runs down hill with full beer to meet pc

falls down halfway, spills beer

smiles
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                    Yer forgettin' the rednecks in the RV's! Dude!

runs down hill with full beer to meet pc

falls down halfway, spills beer

smiles
                    I wish all the folks who will buy this radio and listen to NASCAR on the scanner all the best. Personally there is a whole lot of country and world out there that will not see it as a selling point. There has got to be another reason the folks at Ridgid locked themselves into this tiny bandwith instead of offering a Police/ Weather/ and Emergency scanner. Possibly just like the situation with the charger there might be legal issues? Even if they are playing to the NASCAR crowd, it's a start. Maybe next time around they will be allowed to incorporate a charger and broaden the scanner range.

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..(poke) "...Hunh? Whuh? Izzit morning? Wha? The Ridgid radio is out???......yeah....whatever...(muffle muffle, snort, head goes back down on pillow)........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
                      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                        ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..(poke) "...Hunh? Whuh? Izzit morning? Wha? The Ridgid radio is out???......yeah....whatever...(muffle muffle, snort, head goes back down on pillow)........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
                        LOL. Good call.

Comment

Awww, just kiddin'! Josh, good work buddy. Nice to see the radio up on the webpage at least - it is really nice to see it listed on here BEFORE it's on the shelves at HD, that way we can check out the write-up on it and get the specs before making the trip to buy it. Good work (nice detailed pic, too - good camera, must be a Canon SLR! ).

Comment

The way battery technology changes every year, I really don't see the big deal about not having a built in charger.
                            IMO having a built in charger would mean the charger would be obsolete very quickly anyway.

I would rather bring the charger along that fits my drills, which all are "currently" Makita 18volt lithiums.

Racing is big big business in this area, a lot of guys buy race radios.
                            A weather / emergency band would have been nice along with the race band.

I also like the way it is built that you and use it as a stand to place your chargers on or as a step.

Last edited by Davet; 02-22-2008, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Looks great Josh.

All you who don't understand the race scanner must not live in the south. And putting the race scanner on takes nothing away from the radio. I am looking forward to the ipod dock, the dc outlet, and being able to use my ridgid batteries.

Anyone interested in a slightly used dewalt radio?

Comment

Working...
                              X