12v Pocket Driver now up on ridgid.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12v Pocket Driver now up on ridgid.com

I just Picked up the new Milwaukee one for 129.99 and I love it. I still might pick this one up for drilling holes and use the Milwaukee for driving screws. I also picked up the Hitachi corless screwdriver and its also the Bomb.

Comment

welcome to the forum bobby!

Yeah.. when I was playing with this tool I thought about a project where I installed lighting under all my kitchen cabinets. Used a right angle drill but this woulda been so much nicer. I am trying to devise a way to get my hands on one of these... hint hint ProBrand

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
        Someone mentioned to me the Metabo version of the pocket driver has a quick change AND normal chuck, you can swap them.

Not sure if their lith-ion version has it too (the person telling me about it has the older NiMH version).

EDIT: not even sure a lith-ion version exists, only see reference to the PowerMaxx Plus which uses a NiCD. BUT it does have a swappable chuck (rockler: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details)

-Chris
        Hey Chris, thanks for the link. I've seen that drill before, but honestly, it looks kinda ugly. I know, I know - it's a tool and does a job, shouldn't matter how it looks. And I'll definitely give props to Metabo - that drill has some really unique and good design features to it; I love the right angled attachment. Now, something like that would be awesome for Ridgid to design as an accessory that we could buy for the 12 v pocket driver. Very cool little thing.

Comment

Milwaukee has an attachment like that for $24.99

Comment

Yeah, but the Milwaukee one is more of a bit insert that you need to hang on to. I like the Metabo one, how it just sort of clamps onto the end of the drill. It's nice for when you don't have a hand free to hang onto the attachment, to ensure it doesn't spin on itself.

Comment

The new Ridgid 12V pocket driver just got a price decrease to $118. It looks like a minature version of the Ridgid 18V compact Lithium but it is bulkier than the Milwaukee 12V drill at $129. The Milwaukee feels pocket-size but the Ridgid is has more torque. Its going to be a tough call when I get my next HD 10% coupon. This thread has revealed some advantages/disadvantages of the chuck versus quick-connect.

Comment

Was lucky enough to use this tool at IBS. It is awesome. Amazing amount of torque for something so small. Interested to see what may be lurking around the corner with this new battery platform.

Comment

I want one so bad. any idea when they will be available at HD? I already have the
                  Milwaukee and I love it. maybe they will make a 12 volt lanp that you could hang fron a 2x4 like the Dewalt one.

Comment

Nice to hear the price is at $118. I hope this is at all HD's.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                      Nice to hear the price is at $118. I hope this is at all HD's.
                      That was the price I just paid for mine. Can't speak for Canada though.
                      I did notice it rang up a higher price and then was discounted, couldn't see the screen and no price tags to be found on the shelves any where but I think it was $129.99 and they are I guess on sale for $118. Looks to be a winner. I think I have something to try it out on tonight.

Comment

what's the sku?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Orellano View Post
                          what's the sku?
                          589-891

Comment

FYI: The Milwaukee pocket driver 12V Li-ion is 1.4ah. anyone know what the Ridgid pocket driver is?

Comment

1.5v. and the $118 price is a limited ad price should be everywhere now.

Comment

Saw the 12 volt pocket driver yesterday at my local HD. The one feature that I liked was the work light detente on the trigger that allows the light to come on without engaging the chuck. Nice feature that is needed on a screwdriver that would be used for small and close in jobs. Though the compact 18 volt didn't have that feature, it isn't as necessary for me with the type of use that I put it through, but definitely useful on the pocket driver. I have too many drills/drivers to purchase this one, but I know that I'll give in to the urge and bite. Had the Bosch pocket driver when they first came out, but took it back for the Ridgid 9.6 volt for one fact only, but after owning it awhile I found others reasons that I liked about it. When building, I need all my tools to stand upright for two reasons - easier to grab and go and you can see them from across the room or in debris (debris being anything on a busy job site). I kept misplacing the Bosch and realized it probably wasn't the kind of tool for that job, but would be great for finish and cabinetry or electrical where the tool stays by your side or it might "walk away" from you and get lost on a busier job site. I'll get one but I know when to break it out for use.

Comment

Working...
                                X