• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v Pocket Driver now up on ridgid.com

I have played with this one quite a bit in ProBrand's Office. very cool

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R82007-L...l/EN/index.htm

Re: 12v Pocket Driver now up on ridgid.com

Very cool, I might be picking one up once the other little drivers I have are wore out.

Comment

See that the new 12 volt pocket drill is now up on the webpage - sweet. Good work Josh and ProBrand - thank you for listening to some of our gripes. Definitely is a difference being noted with the release of these tools - nice to see info ahead of time. Very much appreciated. The winds of change are good.

Comment

OOOh, that would be nice for installing cabinets.....although I already have the Ridgid 9.6 volt pivoting driver and the 18 volt impact driver......

Comment

Originally posted by buildenterprises View Post
          OOOh, that would be nice for installing cabinets.....although I already have the Ridgid 9.6 volt pivoting driver and the 18 volt impact driver......
          Yeah? AND???? LOL.

Comment

Very nice! Now if I can only afford one?

Thanks to Josh and Probrand for the posting. Good information and now I'm in "waiting" mode with the local HD.

CWS

Comment

I work For HD and check our computer and 4 of theses are due on 03/02/08

Comment

Any pricing information?

Comment

Been seeing it bandied here and there that this tool will be listed at $129.

Comment

The Milwaukee is that price or less, and the Bosch is in that price range as well. Guess it comes down to whether you wanna stay orange or not......
                    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I just bought the Bosch about a month ago. I dont have much brand loyalty, so staying Orange isnt absolutely necessary. But I do love the REAL chuck on the Ridgid (but, on the flipside, it ends up more work to use a "quick" tool because of the actual chuck).

Wonder how much of a hit I would take if I wanted to sell the Bosch.

-Chris

Comment

Yes, the Milwaukee one is also $129, as is the Bosch pocket driver. The Bosch little impact is $179 though.

Comment

I like the looks of it. To tell the truth though, in a tight quarters situation where you need a little driver the quick connect is a bonus to me. I find the lack of a spinning chuck near finished surfaces durring times when I have no wiggle room and bad angles nice. The chuck can do damage.

Eli
                          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Good point, Eli. You know, it would really be nice, quite an advantage, if there was some way to select either. Like if they maybe had two versions of the tool, one with the chuck and one with the quick connect. Or, even if there was some way to include both in the package, and have the consumer choose which one to install. I don't know, sounds like a crazy idea maybe. But I see your point though - yes, sometimes the chuck can cause bad things to happen.

Comment

Someone mentioned to me the Metabo version of the pocket driver has a quick change AND normal chuck, you can swap them.

Not sure if their lith-ion version has it too (the person telling me about it has the older NiMH version).

EDIT: not even sure a lith-ion version exists, only see reference to the PowerMaxx Plus which uses a NiCD. BUT it does have a swappable chuck (rockler: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details)

-Chris
                              Last edited by chrisexv6; 02-23-2008, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X