Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Li-ion batteries - Keep on charger?

Originally posted by CLDS View Post
    I was in my local HD here in San Antonio and decided to price a new battery charger for a back-up and as I rounded the corner where the chargers and batteries are I noticed a nice yellow Home Depot sticker that read $39.00 was $79.00 . This sticker was for the 18v Max 2.5 Ah Ridgid batteries and so I asked the HD associate if this was gonna be the new price on them and he said "no , that that certain battery was being discontinued " . Im not a big fan of the heavy batteries but I figured what the heck why not for that price , so I bought the last 3 they had.
    I called Batteries Plus the other morning to get a price on rebuilding these same batteries and they said $53.99 .
    I noticed that they're starting to clear out the MaxSelect starter kit on this side of the border (the kit with one 24 volt XLi battery and charger). These cleared out of U.S. HD stores last year for around $80 or so, after being originally priced at $199 I believe. Up here, this retails for $299, and they haven't moved worth a crap. They're finally yellow-tagged for $199, and they're starting to get rid of them.

Comment

Working...
    X