X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1600 wet dry vac

Hi guys im posting here for a buddy he has the 16 gallon wet and dry well when he starts it he just gets a whine from the motor. 90 days no more warranty any ideas on how to fix it? . I do know he used it to vacum out his cars.

Thanks,
    Terrance

Re: 1600 wet dry vac

Ridgid vacs have a lifetime warranty.

Comment

Yep, lifetime. Bring it to your local HD, see if they will help. If not, take it to your local Ridgid authorized repair center.

Comment

Please try to describe the sound better. Does it whine or howl, or is it more just a GRRRRRR sound?

Is the real problem a lack of suction or that it acts like the motor is frozen up?

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
          Does it... howl?
          That's why we keep ya around, Woussko!

Comment

It make a grrr sound and it seems like its locked up what he is worried about is he can not find his receipt were in Michigan and I dont were the service centers are located. It will not suck at all the motor is locked up.

Thanks,
            Terrance

Comment

Sounds like the motor-fan(s) assembly will have to be replaced or repaired. I sure hope he can find the receipt. To repair it "out of pocket" may cost about as much as buying a replacement vac outright.

Try calling Ridgid at 1-800-474-3443 and they can tell you where there's a service center in your area.

If this ends up where he/you just can't find the receipt and you end up with having to pay for repairs, you might do better to take it to a good vacuum cleaner repair shop. I have yet to work much on the motors in Ridgid vacs but it could just be a bad ball bearing that needs replacement. They should be able to check and do that for less than what the motor-fan (whole thing) replacement would cost you.

Whatever you do keep the good parts as you can use many of them with other models of Ridgid wet/dry vacs and as for hoses and attachments with other brands that are similar.
              Last edited by Woussko; 02-24-2008, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drinkglory View Post
                were in Michigan and I dont were the service centers are located.
                Click on the "Support" link at the top of the page, and then click on the "Service Centers" link on that page, and you can enter in what you need to find your local service center. Hopefully, they don't give you a big hassle without a receipt - the vacs are supposed to have a lifetime warranty to them, so they should service it to you with or without the original receipt; it's not like the other power tools where you have to register for the LLSA.

Comment

Working...
                X