X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planer TP1300 cutter head bearings

Seems my bearings are making good amount of noise. I cleaned and greased the drive feed chain and gears, and that part is better, so I'm fairly certain the bearings are going. Has anyone replaced them? is it difficult?

Re: Planer TP1300 cutter head bearings

How old is your planer? If it's one of the original gray-colored units, it's covered with a lifetime warranty. If it was purchased in 2003 or early 2004, it's covered under the "introduction" Limited Lifetime Service Agreement.

If it was purchased after February 2004, and you registered it, it should be covered under the optional (with registration) Limited Lifetime Service Agreement.

And, last but not least, if you purchased it in 2005 or later, it should still be covered under the warranty.

I know I didn't answer your question, but hopefully having it covered under a free warranty or service agreement is a better option than doing it yourself.

CWS

Comment

Re: Planer TP1300 cutter head bearings

It's gray, have had it for about 8 years. Good unit, built tons of furniture with it. I'll call Ridgid and see what they offer.
      much thanks.
      dj

Comment

Working...
      X