• Show
Clear All

• Capacitors

Hi everyone,

I have a RIDGID 1.8 Hp Running, 4.5 Gallon Oil Free Air Compressor

MFG Brand Name : RIDGID
    MFG Model # : OF45150
    MFG Part # : OF45150

I tried searching the specs for the motor. So i can buy both Capacitors but i just can find it. Anyone have this type of model? I really would be very greatful if you share some info. The info that mines has is all covered. I tried cleaning but made it worst. Thanks so much

Chris

Re: Capacitors

Are you saying that the lettering on the capacitors is a big mess that you can't read? If yes, let's hope someone that owns this same model might take a good look at the capacitors in his/her motor and be able to post the info.

Comment

I have the same model, I will look at the caps and get back to you.

No chance anyone is selling a replacement piston and cylinder for this model are they? I need them.

Comment

One is a 30 microfarad, 370VAC 50/60 Hz

The other is a 590-708xxx 125VAC 60 Hz. Can read the units but I am willing to bet it is microfarads also. They are available on eBay, see below

http://cgi.ebay.com/590-708-uf-110-1...802020937a4344

http://cgi.ebay.com/five-30-microfar...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

The 30 MFD at 370 Volts in the motor run capacitor and the 590-708 MFD at 125 Volts is the motor starting capacitor. Both of the above seem reasonable for such a motor. You should be able to buy them from a place like Grainger if you know someone with an account, or from a good appliance (major) parts dealer. If you need other items so you can meet their $25 minimum order requirement and if you have either a Mastercard or VISA credit card then there are several industrial supply houses (big national ones) that should have them for you. These are small and easy to send.

Another bet is to look in your yellow pages for places that repair/rewind electric motors. I'm pretty sure they would have them in stock and you can normally pay them cash and have the parts quick and easy.

Those eBay prices seem a bit high to me and it's 2 sellers so you can't take advantage of combined shipping. Here is what I found on the WW Grainger web site for them. WW Grainger is wholesale only and will not do business with the general public or people known as consumers. I do not have an account and have to work with a company in my area that does. It's a PITA at best.
          Starting: 4CU70 should work fine and it's at $9.39
          Running: 2GE85 should work for you and it's at $14.12

There are other big sources but I would first try places in your area that do motor repairs and also at dealers for major appliance parts. Do you have Tribble's in your area? They should have the parts or be able to get them for you. 1-800-TRIBLES (874-2537)

Tribble's Appliance Parts, Inc. (This is the only one I can find in PA)
          190 Robbins Road - Downingtown, PA. 19335
          Phone: 610-873-3000 or Fax 610-873-9512
          Last edited by Woussko; 02-25-2008, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Hey Woussko,

Thanks so much for your HELP! I was trying to find the old ones that were removed. You made my day! Thanks a MILLION. I will get them through Grainger. My boss is going to order them for me.

Thanks Again

Chris
            Last edited by Christlike; 02-28-2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christlike View Post
              Hey Woussko,

Thanks so much for your HELP! I was trying to find the old ones that were removed. You made my day! Thanks a MILLION. I will get them through Grainger. My boss is going to order them for me.

Thanks Again

Chris
              Don't forget about Mheriot! LOL.

Comment

mheriot
                Thanks for posting the info on the capacitors.

Christlike
                I'm glad your boss can deal with Grainger. I can't do so directly but have a special way when I really need something. I know of some other places for such parts but then I'm in another area.

Comment

No problem, glad to help. Hope you're up and running soon.

Comment

Be careful when changing out the capacitors as they may still be holding a charge. Chances are they are discharged but you would hate to find out that they aren't. You can properly discharge a cap with an appropriately sized resistor connected across the terminals. Just thought I would throw in my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                    X