12 volt lithium upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 volt lithium upgrade

anybody know if their is a 12 volt lithuim battery out yet? I just bought the 12 volt right angle impact driver and I love it. I went to HD and saw the regular battery on clearance for $29.99.

Re: 12 volt lithium upgrade

got the same driver. to the best of my knowledge, the extra battery you bought is the only battery for that driver. one exception...the batteries in the 12v drill that is being clearanced for $79 will also operate the RA impact driver.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I just hope they make a lithium battery for this tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Orellano View Post
        Thanks for the reply, I just hope they make a lithium battery for this tool.
        You're not alone, I really like the 12volt RA impact but the battery doesn't last very long. The nice thing about a 12volt lithium is that you would have full power right until the very end, no slow death like the nicads.

Comment

That really is a good question as the upcoming 12 volt pocket driver uses a different battery design. I wonder how that will be addressed.

Comment

I hope Ridgid is smart and does this, not sure what the demand would be for the 12 volt. is the RA Driver a popular tool?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Orellano View Post
              I went to HD and saw the regular battery on clearance for $29.99.
              I found one on clearance too for about that price. The manufacture date was from 2003. I showed it an orange apron and he said they'd just use it for one of the store's tools. A couple of weeks later I saw it back on display for sale. I was reluctant to buy a five year old battery.

I love the right angle impact though. Its the only Ridgid cordless I have left. I'd like to try the new Makita lithium version although it has less torque than the Ridgid.

TTI makes a Craftsman 12v lithium battery so hopefully one is on the books for Ridgid as well.

Ern

Comment

Originally posted by erngum View Post
                I found one on clearance too for about that price. The manufacture date was from 2003. I showed it an orange apron and he said they'd just use it for one of the store's tools. A couple of weeks later I saw it back on display for sale. I was reluctant to buy a five year old battery.

I love the right angle impact though. Its the only Ridgid cordless I have left. I'd like to try the new Makita lithium version although it has less torque than the Ridgid.

TTI makes a Craftsman 12v lithium battery so hopefully one is on the books for Ridgid as well.

Ern
                Well you have a three year warranty so, save the receipt and when she fails take her it and get a new one.
                Also The do have a 12V li-ion battery, but not in the same format. It's in the new compact driver. Which is why I am questioning it.

Comment

Working...
                X