Ridigid 8 piece set for $525 CAD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridigid 8 piece set for $525 CAD?

Actually, to the contrary, those 1.5 Ah batteries are exactly perfect for the impact drivers, especially with the MaxSelect impact driver. 60187guy is correct in that they're not overly great with the saws (it all depends on how long you will be using them - they definitely work great, but the discharge happens obviously sooner). Even on the hammerdrills, those batteries are actually quite fine. But these smaller batteries works sweetly with the impact drivers - makes them a very small, compact, and lightweight powerhouse.

Comment

Re: Ridigid 8 piece set for $525 CAD?

I would rather use the Bosch PS-40, I have . It will snap off any normal screw if you let it , much better balance,a real compact like the new 12v Ridgig drill, a light that is bright,[ridgid's is worthless on the compact drill for example]2 batteries and I paid $129. I have Makita 12V's NiMh that work except if you are wanting to do auto. repair type work , and are better than the Ridgid in weight balance.
      I think the design and build in these tools by Ridgid is not top tier, more like a Ryobi tool. If you can buy a charger and a 18V 3Ah[I think] from ryobi,same Corp. making that, for about the same amount as 1 ridgid battery which is 2x the Makita
      battery, I just do not get it.
      The compact drills 18v LiIon Ridgid were terrible in runout, the batteries did not last , and the light is dim ,too low in position to be useful. The ps40 10.8v light is right on and much brighter. The LED's they are using at Ridgid are cheap.I have a 3w, LED light, uses a 1.5v aa batt that kills the ridgid and was $10, waterproof all Al body.
      The design team is just not doing their job. It is like they are putting together old parts not designing from thee ground up, and charging as much or more than the better tools.

Comment

Working...
      X