24 volt lithium??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 volt lithium??

wow, I am now convinced there are message boards for everything.

I'm looking to replace some 24 volt lithium ion batteries. Is it possible to buy the batteries only, without the tools?

multiple internet searches have not turned up any results.

thanks, and I'm looking forward to learning more on the site.

Re: 24 volt lithium??

I have not found any websites that sell them individually, but my local Home Depot had the starter kit this morning for $89, which includes the battery and charger.

Comment

No, as of right now, you cannot buy the 24 volt XLi batteries by themselves. It's either in the 3- or 4- piece 24 volt combo kit (2 batteries), or in the single-battery MaxSelect Starter Kit, which is being clearanced out. Those are your two options retail wise. If you call the Ridgid Parts phone line, they may be able to sell you a single battery, but I would bet that it will be more expensive than buying the Starter Kit that's being clearanced out. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

holy pocktebook, batman!!!

just got off the phone with Ridgid........$199 for the battery, and $89 for the charger.......sheesh!!!

Comment

on Homedepot's website
          Dewalt 36v is only 169.00, sounds like a steal when compared.
          Charger is $89.99

I would guess the battery would be a bit closer to each other once released.

Comment

I am getting a bit confused about the names of these Ridgid batteries and chargers. What is the difference between 18V MAX HC vs max 2.5 vs the regular Ni-cad, max select vs rapid max chargers, any variety of lithiums to beaware of besides 1.5 and 3.0?
            Help!

Comment

Originally posted by reconx View Post
              I am getting a bit confused about the names of these Ridgid batteries and chargers. What is the difference between 18V MAX HC vs max 2.5 vs the regular Ni-cad, max select vs rapid max chargers, any variety of lithiums to beaware of besides 1.5 and 3.0?
              Help!
              The max hc and 2.5 are both ni-cad batteries, they just have different ah, which only affects run time, not power. In the lithium batteries, you have 18v 1.5ah and 3.0ah. You also have 24v. There is no max select charger. Max select tools are tools that can use both 18v and 24v batteries, regardless of ah or whether they are lithium or nicad. With chargers you have single port and duel port chargers that charge 18v and less. The rapid max just means it will charge them in 20 minutes. There is a different charger for 24v.

Comment

Originally posted by BertS View Post
                wow, I am now convinced there are message boards for everything.

I'm looking to replace some 24 volt lithium ion batteries. Is it possible to buy the batteries only, without the tools?

multiple internet searches have not turned up any results.

thanks, and I'm looking forward to learning more on the site.
                You say "replace some 24V Lithium Ion batteries". If you have some that will no longer function they are replaceable free under the Lifetime Service Agreement. Hopefully you registered the tools when you purchased them.
                Scroll to the top of this page and click on "Support".
                Ridgid 24V LI batteries are available on Ebay

Comment

I had to replace my first 3 piece kit due to a battery that would not charge. The second kit has worked fine but haven't put it under heavy load. It is extremely odd and concerning that HD is not stocking batteries. If a battery fails even with the LSA (which could take weeks to obtain a new battery) the consumer needs to be able to run to their local HD to get a new battery.

I'm going to use the kit for 2 months then decide if I'll keep the 24v LI or downgrade to the tried and true battery technology.

Anyone have any experience getting batteries repaired under the LSA?

Comment

I had a 24 volt pack replaced a month ago. I dropped it off at my HD and the service center sent back an 18 volt ni-cad twice. I got mad and they gave me a new one out of a set "in the office". So I couldn't tell you if there's any replacements to be had. Wish I could find some of those starter sets some guys have been getting. I was lucky enough to score one about a month ago, but I'd love to get more, just to have as backups. I usually re-sell the stuff I don't want/need out of the kits to help recoup some of what I spent.

Comment

^ and ^^ :

those are the reasons why i'm thinking about taking my 24volt kit back...still just thinking about it...

trying to weigh in the long run hassel and fuss dealing with the LSA vs. buying a tried and true corded tools...

Comment

Deuce,
                        You seem to have concerns about the quality of your recently purchased Ridgid products. Are you having the same issues that were posted at this forum? Is it the 8pc 18V Nicad or the 3pc 24V Li? I was considering the 24V Li based on a posting that said it could use either 18V or 24V depending on the task at hand. I am just curious of your next move. Thanks for sharing..

Comment

Originally posted by BertS View Post
                          holy pocktebook, batman!!!

just got off the phone with Ridgid........$199 for the battery, and $89 for the charger.......sheesh!!!
                          We current have a Bosch special on 36 volt lithium drill/driver with two batteries and a charger for $195.26 if you trade-in any old 18 volt tool. Less than the price of 1 battery.
                          Jay
                          Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
                          Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Originally posted by reconx View Post
                            Deuce,
                            You seem to have concerns about the quality of your recently purchased Ridgid products. Are you having the same issues that were posted at this forum? Is it the 8pc 18V Nicad or the 3pc 24V Li? I was considering the 24V Li based on a posting that said it could use either 18V or 24V depending on the task at hand. I am just curious of your next move. Thanks for sharing..
                            Yeah so far I’ve used the drill to do some minor drilling and it’s failed on me a couple of times…battery goes out, had to recharge it when it’s been barely drained…haven’t even used the other tools yet but I’m worried about the fuss I’d have to go through with the battery warranty…there isn’t a service center nearby, about a hour away, and I’d have to send the darn thing there, and pay for shipping back, and this could be a hassle over time if it continues…

I bought the 3 piece 24V li kit with a separate circular saw and jig saw…so it’s 5 tools total for $480 new…

This morning I was able to pick up the V28 4 piece set for $464 shipped new. It’s not shipped yet so I can still cancel the order within a day or so, so basically I have about a day to make up my mind about keeping the ridgid 24v set or taking it back to HD and keep the Milwaukee set…

I’d have to go buy a separate jig saw then…I would be getting the Makita 4351FCT barrel grip on sale at tool barn for $157 shipped.

I got my problem posted on sawmillcreek too in case anyone goes there. As a third option, I’m also thinking about cancelling the Milwaukee order, returning back the ridgid kit, and buy all corded tools such as the Milwaukee 6391-21 circular and 13amp sawzall to go along with the Makita jig saw…

I already have the ridgid compact lithium drill a panasonic drill, so I’m not so concern with the 24v or 28v drill as much…

I don’t know, it’s so hard to choose, I’d like to have it all, but it’s not necessary because I’m just a avid diy and home owner and hobbiest woodworker, so I don’t need a set of cordless and corded tools of everything. At the same time, I’ll be doing most of my work at home so the absolute necessity for cordless is not really there, and corded tools will last longer by a decent amount, but the thought of cordless tools is so nice because you don’t have to drag a extension cord out there if you need to run outside and do something quickly…decisions, decisions…blah…………………..

Comment

I just saw a 4 pc combo DeWalt DCX6401 36V, 2batts for $479, NEW. Ridgid's pricing is not competitive and the 24V is just not enough for HD use, or designed poorly tools or both. The $99 price for 1 18vLi Ion 3aH batttery is also too high and no LSA.

Comment

Working...
                              X