Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lithium Ion Drill model R86006 - high capacity battery or not?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lithium Ion Drill model R86006 - high capacity battery or not?

Can anyone tell me if the Ridgid model # R86006 is a high capacity li-ion battery or is it a 1.5Ah one?

The battery is awfully small....

Here at HD in Canada they sell the single battery/chager/drill set for $129.99 with 1 battery and no bag

for $230 bucks you get two batteries, 1 bag and drill and charger.

Wouldn't it make sense to buy 1 individual drill kits for $130 bucks each and then have 2 drills and 2 batteries but with no case?

Thanks

Re: Lithium Ion Drill model R86006 - high capacity battery or not?

The batts that come with that drill are the 1.5 ah version. And I do think it would be wiser to purchase two of the cheaper kits. A lot of people in this forum have done so.
    For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Comment

yeah I was thinking that too. Buy two kits so I have a spare drill...

Maybe I should wait for the 3.0 Ah version of the compact drill. This ways I won't have any regrets. Its not like I'm a contractor or anything like that. I'm just buying it for kicks....

Comment

I doubt they will put the 3.0 batteries with the compact because of the weight and size. I did see the regular 18v drill with two 3.0ah batteries at HD the other day. Cost was $225.

Comment

Here in the U.S. the same kit is $99. I just bought one the other day, just couldn't bring my self to spend $170 on a cordless drill (but it had two batteries) Just as I was about to buy one with a ni-cad battery an associate asked if I need any help, the box I had picked up looked bad, we looked way up above the floor, and there it was! The drill I was really wanting, the 18v Li-ion with one battery.

Comment

Well I went an returned my R840011 drill today. I went and purchased a single li-ion battery compact drill for $130CDN.

I guess its okay but I'm still kinda gagged that its not the 3.0 Ah drill.

Even if they had the li-ion 3.0 Ah drill for like 150+ bucks I would be waaaay happier.

Would've been nice too if it came with a carrying bag of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by stevescivic View Post
              Well I went an returned my R840011 drill today. I went and purchased a single li-ion battery compact drill for $130CDN.

I guess its okay but I'm still kinda gagged that its not the 3.0 Ah drill.

Even if they had the li-ion 3.0 Ah drill for like 150+ bucks I would be waaaay happier.

Would've been nice too if it came with a carrying bag of some sort.
              Down here by me I have been able to find a 2 pk 16" bag and some other carry all round bag for $10. The 16" bag is normally $25. It's a Husky instead of the Ridgid bag, but for $10 plus a bonus, plenty of room for the charger batteries and extra, plus if feels like a well made bag.
              http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100073645

Comment

Working...
              X