X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Ridgid Tools at my HD!

Saw the radio at HD today and, unfortunately, I was not impressed enough to spend that kind of money. Seems like a good radio, but it's not worth $149. When it's down to $99, I'll consider it.
    Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

I agree there are to many nice radios for $99 and maybe even less. I don't personally have an IPOD so thats not a reason for me to buy it.I could charge my 2 ridgid batteries but thats not enough reason either.Like the looks for sure but $149...no way..sorry Ridgid..

Comment

They had it playing in the HD and my Milwaukee is way better sounding, cost $70 less. Ridgid seems to think they are the top of the line in tools with these prices of their tools as of late. They have a way to go to be top dog.

Comment

Originally posted by texan123 View Post
          I could charge my 2 ridgid batteries but thats not enough reason either.Like the looks for sure but $149...no way..sorry Ridgid..
          Actually no you couldn't, all you could is kill batteries with it, it's not a charger. It is a way overpriced radio and nothing more. Ridgid seriously dropped the ball on the design of this one. Personally I would recommend anybody that wants one, wait a few months and get it cheaper when they try to get them off the shelves or wait for the redesign that will happen when they can't sell these.

Jeff

Comment

Those who have the drill kit with the 2 lithiun-ion batteries and charger, do you have a model number and or HD number?

Thanks,

Alan

Comment

Here you go, Joe.............

The new 18Volt hammer drill kit with the 3.0Ah batteries is R86111. The 18Volt 3.0Ah batteries are R84008 or AC46182.

Comment

Wow The Radio has made its way to HD. I got the Radio 2 Days ago and get real happy to see it on the shelf. So like all good RIDGID tool guys i went to grab it. Thats when i thought my back was going to go out! What and Why is the Radio so heavy???? Needless to say i bought it and when to test it out. Thats when i got it out and powered up and pluged in the ipod. NO IPOD CONTROL. Ok so i got a radio that is Heavy, No Charger , A pointless Nascar scanner ( At lest for me) and to top it off a connector for ipod that you have to open and close just to change a track and no read out on the display.

RIDGID im so disapointed! All the wait, all the hype, all the excitment. I cant believe i have to return (for the first time) a Ridgid tool back to home depot.

Maybe next time you guys will get it right. I hope soon

Comment

Originally posted by bmg607 View Post
                  Wow The Radio has made its way to HD. I got the Radio 2 Days ago and get real happy to see it on the shelf. So like all good RIDGID tool guys i went to grab it. Thats when i thought my back was going to go out! What and Why is the Radio so heavy???? Needless to say i bought it and when to test it out. Thats when i got it out and powered up and pluged in the ipod. NO IPOD CONTROL. Ok so i got a radio that is Heavy, No Charger , A pointless Nascar scanner ( At lest for me) and to top it off a connector for ipod that you have to open and close just to change a track and no read out on the display.

RIDGID im so disapointed! All the wait, all the hype, all the excitment. I cant believe i have to return (for the first time) a Ridgid tool back to home depot.

Maybe next time you guys will get it right. I hope soon

same here i'm with you on that one. It would of been better if it atleast had satelite radio, or police- fire scanner.

Comment

Working...
                  X