X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ridgid Tools at my HD!

So I was at my HD this morning and saw them wheeling out a pallet of new Ridgid tools. They had the radio for $149 and a 1/2" hammer drill kit with 2 3ah 18 volt li batteries for $225. Not bad considering a single battery goes for $99.

Re: New Ridgid Tools at my HD!

any idea if the radio doubles as a battery charger

Comment

No, it does not function as a charger.
      For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Comment

Don't really understand why the radio was made without a charger.

Comment

Gentlemen, welcome to the forum. And, rather than start another thread with whether or not the radio works as a charger, best to do a search for other pre-existing threads. There's been some good conversation and info passed along regarding these new tools, and all of the various pros and cons.

Comment

Originally posted by buildenterprises View Post
            So I was at my HD this morning and saw them wheeling out a pallet of new Ridgid tools. They had the radio for $149 and a 1/2" hammer drill kit with 2 3ah 18 volt li batteries for $225. Not bad considering a single battery goes for $99.
            I hope that 1/2" drill kit with the two 3.0 batts comes with a charger? Very good deal, I would probably try to sell the drill. Who am I kidding, if I buy this kit I'm keeping the drill!

Comment

this thread is not about the radio being a charger or not, it was about him informing us that the new tools are starting to flow into stores

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Orellano View Post
                this thread is not about the radio being a charger or not, it was about him informing us that the new tools are starting to flow into stores
                Exactly my point.

Originally posted by buildenterprises View Post
                They had the radio for $149...
                And ouch. $149? Man, what is up with these prices? Some people have seen it for $139, it was originally supposed to be $129 at one point. It's actually priced at $139 up here in Ontario, Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  I hope that 1/2" drill kit with the two 3.0 batts comes with a charger? Very good deal, I would probably try to sell the drill. Who am I kidding, if I buy this kit I'm keeping the drill!
                  I saw this drill a few days ago and it does have a charger.

Comment

I saw the 18v lith ion drill ($225) today along with the new 4pc ($449). They really don't look much different than the older 18v NiCd versions. No led light on the drill or impact. I tried to get a pic of the TS2410, but it's still too high up in the overhead storage.

Comment

i picked up the radio today and the 12volt pocket drill. both very nice. also i saw the 18v litium hammer drill combo and it uses the old x2 drill. still not a bad deal for the 2 3.0ah batteries and the charger.

Comment

I picked up the 12v pocket driver today. I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it. Last week I picked up the 12 volt milwaukee one and I love it. it has the hex drive and the ridgid has the drill type. maybe i'll keep both. The ridgid I can use as a drill and the milwaukee I can use it to drive screws.

Comment

FYI: The new drill kit for $225 consists of: R8411503 drill, with two 3.0 Ah Lithium Ion batteries and charger. Its not bad since it includes those Lithium batteries

Comment

BTW, the radio weighs a TON

Comment

local HD in NY tristate area has the new 10" miter saw with the adjustable laser for the same price as the old 10" with the non adjustable laser...$159.00
                              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
                              X