X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what I just discovered?

My 18 volt battery fits my 24 volt light, and it's not a Max-Select light! Cool!

Re: Guess what I just discovered?

Uh, well, actually yes it is a MaxSelect tool (sort of). On the box for any of the 24 volt XLi tools, it says that all of the 24 volt tools are fully MaxSelect compatible, functioning with the 24 volt and the 18 volt batteries. So, same thing goes for the 24 volt hammerdrill, 24v recip saw, and 24v circ saw.

But yes, a cool thing to figure out if you missed the itty bitty little logo about that which Ridgid had on the box - it is a neat feature, and that logo could have been a little more prominent.

Comment

This light was part of the original 5 pc 24 volt kit I got back in '06. The label on the light says to use the 24 volt battery so I never thought to try the 18 volt.

Comment

Ohhh. Maybe just an update to the package of the box. But I do believe all the 24 volt tools still have only "24 volt" on the tool labels/sticker on them, but they do have the notches for both types of batteries to lock in.

Comment

And another find-my 24 volt drill works using the 18 volt battery, and it's not a Max-Select either. I guess they just re-labeled everything without actually needing to change the tools.

Comment

Originally posted by buildenterprises View Post
            And another find-my 24 volt drill works using the 18 volt battery, and it's not a Max-Select either. I guess they just re-labeled everything without actually needing to change the tools.
            All of the 24v tools will use 18v batteries.

Comment

Working...
            X