Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

The Ridgid spade handle Drill?? Single speed V's Variable speed mixers!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ridgid spade handle Drill?? Single speed V's Variable speed mixers!!!

I bought the ridgid R7121 for mixing drywall mud and thinset/grout for tiling. It was between this and the Dewalt DW130V, i chose the Ridgid for the life time warranty but I now realized it's a single speed drill (pull and go). The Dewalt is a variable speed. The variable speed sounds more practical for those materials. Does anyone have any opions??? Or preferred experience w/ either???

Re: The Ridgid spade handle Drill?? Single speed V's Variable speed mixers!!!

I have the ridgid for mixing thinset. I went with the ridgid because of the rocker switch. When you are cleaning the mixer in a bucket of water you can switch directions quickly and that cleans better. I have had mine for three years. I use it almost everyday and I mix thinset, concrete, grout. I have never seen a need for the variable speed. The drill only turns at 500 rpms.

Comment

Re: The Ridgid spade handle Drill?? Single speed V's Variable speed mixers!!!

I own the Dewalt and have used it extensively for thinset and drywall mud for the past 9 years without any problems, this particular model also has a rocker switch, I do not change the directions while the tool is running, it will cause premature wear on the motor and gears.

Comment

Working...
      X