Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ridgid spade handle Drill?? Single speed V's Variable speed mixers!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ridgid spade handle Drill?? Single speed V's Variable speed mixers!!!

I bought the ridgid R7121 for mixing drywall mud and thinset/grout for tiling. It was between this and the Dewalt DW130V, i chose the Ridgid for the life time warranty but I now realized it's a single speed drill (pull and go). The Dewalt is a variable speed. The variable speed sounds more practical for those materials. Does anyone have any opions??? Or preferred experience w/ either???

Re: The Ridgid spade handle Drill?? Single speed V's Variable speed mixers!!!

I have the ridgid for mixing thinset. I went with the ridgid because of the rocker switch. When you are cleaning the mixer in a bucket of water you can switch directions quickly and that cleans better. I have had mine for three years. I use it almost everyday and I mix thinset, concrete, grout. I have never seen a need for the variable speed. The drill only turns at 500 rpms.

Comment

Re: The Ridgid spade handle Drill?? Single speed V's Variable speed mixers!!!

I own the Dewalt and have used it extensively for thinset and drywall mud for the past 9 years without any problems, this particular model also has a rocker switch, I do not change the directions while the tool is running, it will cause premature wear on the motor and gears.

Comment

Working...
      X