Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipping / Demolition hammer recommendations

Hello Ridgid Forum,

Looking for a good chipping & demolition hammer to remove approx 1000 sq ft of tile (including thinset) from concrete slab. Also need it for light/medium concrete removal (small bathroom remodel). Was looking at a Hilti 500 or 700 series breaker hammers but they are to expensive. I know this is a Ridgid only forum, but was hoping that you could help.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Irvine, CA

Re: Chipping / Demolition hammer recommendations

If you are looking for less expensive models I reccomend the Bosch Bulldog extreme or the Makita Pitbull.
    For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Comment

I've used the Bosch model before. It's a little brute - excellent toy, er, tool!

Comment

I've also used the Bosch Brute in many applications, but especially in tile removal situations (floors, walls, counters) and it's a working toy, er.... tool as was stated previously. Doesn't do the heavier stuff, as one of my ex-employees found out when he almost melted the grease packing, but it covers a range of use - foundation drilling, chipping, tile removal, stucco and the like. Haven't used the Hilti or Makita, but am sure that they have their supporters too.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
          I've also used the Bosch Brute in many applications, but especially in tile removal situations (floors, walls, counters) and it's a working toy, er.... tool as was stated previously. Doesn't do the heavier stuff, as one of my ex-employees found out when he almost melted the grease packing, but it covers a range of use - foundation drilling, chipping, tile removal, stucco and the like. Haven't used the Hilti or Makita, but am sure that they have their supporters too.
          The Bosch Brute for walls,counters,and floors? I'd pay to see that

Comment

It depends on how often and what type of breaking is in your future.

If you are a hands on general contractor who does remodel concrete and tile,I would say Hilti.

If you are a once a year chipper I would say I guy may want to look into something in the combination drills with a heavy impact hit.

1000sq.takes too long for me and my bulldog.I would use my Makita Demo hammer.

Comment

I recently switched from Hilti to Makita for my rotary hammer needs. The Makita is less expensive (by far) and it works just as well if not better than my previous Hammers. It was a hard switch because I have always used either Hilti or Bosch for a Hammer. The Makita just does it better and cheaper for me now.

Comment

Working...
              X