Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cases

Quite possibly a newbie question.

Where can RIDGID cases be acquired? I recently purchased the 3201 Circular Saw from HD, but it doesn't come with a case. I prefer to store and transport my powertools within cases.

Anyone know where these are available online or in a retail store? I've perused the RIDGID site, but didn't find cases.

Thanks

Re: Cases

You can find a wide selection on Ebay but a lot of the sellers have over inflated shipping costs.
    For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Comment

Take your pick..............

1) Hardware stores near you may sell plastic cases for saws and routers.
      2) Look on craigslist.com in the major city near you in the TOOL ads. Somebody may be selling a cheapy used saw with a case that'll fit your saw.
      3) You could place an ad in the WANTED ads for a tool case.
      4) You could attempt to build something from leftover "one by" scraps or wooden wine crates.

Comment

Another option is to get ahold of one of the authorized Ridgid parts and/or service centers. If there is one to be had, they can order one in for you that should work. New/replacement cases are usually around $20 plus shipping.

Comment

You can order carrying cases for power tools on www.ridgidparts.com . I believe the part number for the case you are looking for is 300912005 and costs $37.82 plus shipping. This case is for the R3200 7 1/4" circ. saw but I imagine it will work for your saw too.

Comment

I don't know how many are located around your city, but pawn shops are a great place to find cases for FREE. The ones here usually just sell the power tool and throw the cases away. The practice is wasteful, but the manager stated "It takes too long to match the case with the tool displayed out front." So they just throw them away. I have picked up 15 cases from various pawn shops.
            Since you bought a circular saw, why not build a wood case from a pallet or a scrap of plywood. To protect the saw further, you could line the case with 3m sprayable rubber undercoating. This product works wonders on everything

Comment

Jay1605,

I think that most, if not all, Ridgid cases are fitted to the particular tool that they are normally supplied with. If your particular tool didn't come with a case, than I presume that a "fitted" case is NOT available from Ridgid.

Of course there are third party offerings from many sources other than Ridgid. These of course, would be "generic" in that they may be used with a variety of tools. They would not be "fitted" however, except perhaps when a DIY foam-type insert is supplied. Ridgid does offer it's cases through it's "Parts" operations. So if another product is similar, perhaps the case will be close enough.

CWS
              Last edited by CWSmith; 03-04-2008, 02:52 PM.

Comment

If you happen to have a factory owned and operated Bosch-Skil, Black & Decker - Dewalt - Porter Cable, Makita or Milwaukee service center in your area, take your saw there and see what they have. Chances are they can come up with a case that will work fine. Then just paint it orange and you're set. Milwaukee and Porter-Cable should have good steel cases. You may need to do a little inside work so your saw fits just right, but they are big enough so you can store some goodies in the case with your saw.

The idea of checking at pawn shops is a good one. They may have a case for something else that you can make use of.

Comment

Woussko RETURNS!

Glad to see you up and around... although you may have had to crawl to the keyboard and are now propped up on your favorite hound pillow!

Hope you continue to feel better,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                  X