what to know about the ridgid wts200l 10" WET TILE/STONE SAW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to know about the ridgid wts200l 10" WET TILE/STONE SAW

AI am looking into buying a new tile saw for my business and i like what i see on ridgids wet saw but i am unsure just how well it is going to operate under continuous operation. also if there and any problems that have occured frequently that i need to know about before purchasing this saw. thanks

chris

Re: what to know about the ridgid wts200l 10" WET TILE/STONE SAW

I have two of them and I couldn't be happier!!! Well....actually I would be substantially happier....if I had three!!!

They are sturdy, reliable and as you've probably noticed...have a very nice design to them. I really couldn't say enough good things about them. We use them pretty much 2-3 times per week, without problem. Just remember to change out the (forgive me but I can't think of what they are called right off hand...but they are these little wire things that you have to change periodically. Sorry, right off the top of my head....I simply cannot think of what they are called....maybe bushings?
    (Lookin' through a family photo album with a friend)

"....yeah...so...there's my mom, and next to her is my baby brother Jason...and the guy right there holding Jason...yeah...him...the one with only one hand is my uncle Tony "Tablesaw" Thomas.....guess why we call him "Tablesaw"....

Comment

**Carbon Brushes**

Those are the things that need to be replaced on the saw periodically, however, I haven't had to change mine as of yet but that's the only thing that the service tech mentioned when we spoke..

Good Luck!

"....yeah...so...there's my mom, and next to her is my baby brother Jason...and the guy right there holding Jason...yeah...him...the one with only one hand is my uncle Tony "Tablesaw" Thomas.....guess why we call him "Tablesaw"....

Comment

Sold, I'll stand by what you said C3, I'm in need of another one. I just burned up another tile saw the day before. So I guess I'll stay w/the Ridgid line, which I tend to favor anyhow.

When you find that time C3, come on over for a drink on the dark side. Theres going to be a sensational story written up, probably by tomorrow. You'll know which one, because your going to need an hour just to read it.

Anyhow, I'll probably get my saw next week, I've got a big project coming up and she is going to be put through the work test....
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Sounds good Garager!!!

I wish you the best with your purchase Brother, and I am certain that you will not regret this one! Oh...and I most definitely will stop by the "dark-side" later today (Friday) as it has been a few days since I have been able to find my way over. I will look for the story that you mentioned and offer my 2 cents as usual! LOL! Peace Bro'...

C3.

Oh..and by all mean, please post your feedback after putting your new saw to work! Like I said, its a great piece of equipment...a bit loud...a bit wet (no pun intended)...but does the job well and doesn't choke up on the thick stuff like travertine and such!

Also, it has a built in "work light" down near the blade as well as a line-laser....plunge-cuts....miters....c'mon Bro'...what else couldja ask for???

Comment

Working...
          X