Router Question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Question.

I have the Rigid 2900 router, and am looking to outfit it with a nice edge guide. The one that I have my eye on is the Porter cable Micro-Adjustable edge guide. Does anyone know if this unit will make a proper fit on my router? or would there be the need for some manner of adaptation?

Advanced thanks.
    ~Blessings~

Nathan

Re: Router Question.

Nathan,

I use a Porter-Cable guide with my R2900. It's not the micro-adjustable one (I'm not familiar with that), but the one that Home Depot carries. I believe it's just the basic Model 42160. I tried to look at the product on the Porter-Cable web site, but all I get is an error. In any case, they may be all the same basic size, which means it should be a perfect fit for the R2900.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
      Nathan,

I use a Porter-Cable guide with my R2900. It's not the micro-adjustable one (I'm not familiar with that), but the one that Home Depot carries. I believe it's just the basic Model 42160. I tried to look at the product on the Porter-Cable web site, but all I get is an error. In any case, they may be all the same basic size, which means it should be a perfect fit for the R2900.

I hope this helps,

CWS
      Thanks CWS.

I have attached a photo of the one that I looked at. Rockler is selling this one for $49.95. But I will take a look at the one you have, also.
      Attached Files
      ~Blessings~

Nathan

Comment

Nathan,

Well, unquestionably, the Rockler is far more complex (adjustable?) than the simple Porter-Cable basic edge guide that I have. I think my purchase at Home Depot was only about $15 or so. Basically it's little more than a cast aluminum edge guide with two rods that fit into the router's casting. No fine-tuning knobs or anything like that. So, I guess it all depends on your needs or requirements.

I wish that the R2900 had a little more information supplied with it, but it does appear that certain features like the edge guide and router base mounting are designed to accept certain Porter-Cable accessories. That's a good thing, I think.

CWS

Comment

Nathan,

I've got one & it mates perfectly. When you get it, screw the shorter, smaller diameter rods (supplied) into the closer set of holes.

Porter Cable # 42690.

Rockler part # 12821.

Comment

Originally posted by bigscore View Post
            Nathan,

I've got one & it mates perfectly. When you get it, screw the shorter, smaller diameter rods (supplied) into the closer set of holes.

Porter Cable # 42690.

Rockler part # 12821.
            Thanks, Bigscore. That settles it for me .
            ~Blessings~

Nathan

Comment

Nathan,

I've got a 25% off Rockler coupon. However it's only good at my local brick & mortar Rockler.

Tried to see your location via your profile, but you didn't fill it in. If you happen to be in the Atlanta area, let me know & I'll e-mail it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by bigscore View Post
                Nathan,

I've got a 25% off Rockler coupon. However it's only good at my local brick & mortar Rockler.

Tried to see your location via your profile, but you didn't fill it in. If you happen to be in the Atlanta area, let me know & I'll e-mail it to you.
                That's very kind of you (and I will definitely go back in and fill in my location info), but I live in Amherst, NY. Once again, though - very, very thougtful.

Blessings,
                Nathan
                ~Blessings~

Nathan

Comment

Working...
                X