Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Great deals at HD right now (Mar 4/08)...

Originally posted by mdm View Post
    Nothing shouts "green" like throwing new batteries in the trash!

Their (HD's) reasoning, or so it was explained to me, is so the item is not returned for full price. If they would not accept returns without a receipt, this would not be a problem. A lot of the items they throw away (doors, windows, cabinets, etc.) could be donated to places like Habitat for Humanity. I guess in HD's eyes it's a smart move to trash the $0.01 items. I just wish they had scanner located around the store to find more of these items. I tend to keep an eye on the yellow tag items now.
    If they don't want you returning for full price, they can do it at the lowest sale price in the 90 day window. You could still scam them with 10% coupons or odd promotions like the power tool thing, but the difference wouldn't be a penny vs. full price. I think a bunch of stores do work like that. Of course, if you have the receipt or wanted to exchange like-for-like that wouldn't cause you a problem.

Comment

Yeah I ran into the "penny pricing" issue once. Except someone actually put the penny price yellow sticker on the shelf, right where the product was. I grabbed one of the product (some hardware set for their composite railings), had someone do a price check on it (bad idea!!) and they snagged the item and refused to sell it, then called someone over and told them to clear off the shelf.

Two days later I went back, item still on shelf still with penny sticker. Grabbed 8 bags and went to self checkout. Did you know the tax is so small on 8 cents that the total still comes out to 8 cents?

I *still* look for the 20.00 compressor when I go to HD. Really upset I missed that one, hope to find one...someday.

Comment

joe d...have them check sku 206-676. it will probably, based on cpw's post, come up for $.01. if you are lucky, they will sell it to you for that price. if they say it must be "field destroyed", don't take no for an answer. keep insisting and you may get it for the last mark down of $24.50, as did cpw. failing that, read on for my last experience where they wouldn't sell something for $.01.

regarding my own 24v starter kit experiece, i tore up my letter to HD. a call to HD cust service this morning resulted in a $200 gift card. i just got back from the new rochelle HD where i purchased an intact, complete in the box with all the packaging, 4pc 24v LI combo kit, model #R932 for $99.00. as a result of the asm's stupidity last night (disposing of an R937 24v LI starter kit instead of selling it to me for $.01), i now have a complete 4pc 24v li kit and a spare $100 in gift cards. ya just gotta love the HD! where else can you get tools (practically) for free and funds for additional purchases, just by making a phone call? and yes, i used the self check out without cashier assistance. not making that mistake again.

anyone hunting for one of these, the sku is 635-617.
        Last edited by FINER9998; 05-14-2008, 11:05 AM.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
          joe d...have them check sku 206-676. it will probably, based on cpw's post, come up for $.01. if you are lucky, they will sell it to you for that price. if they say it must be "field destroyed", don't take no for an answer. keep insisting and you may get it for the last mark down of $24.50, as did cpw. failing that, read on for my last experience where they wouldn't sell something for $.01.

regarding my own 24v starter kit experiece, i tore up my letter to HD. a call to HD cust service this morning resulted in a $200 gift card. i just got back from the new rochelle HD where i purchased an intact, complete in the box with all the packaging, 4pc 24v LI combo kit, model #R932 for $99.00. as a result of the asm's stupidity last night (disposing of an R937 24v LI starter kit instead of selling it to me for $.01), i now have a complete 4pc 24v li kit and a spare $100 in gift cards. ya just gotta love the HD! where else can you get tools (practically) for free and funds for additional purchases, just by making a phone call? and yes, i used the self check out without cashier assistance. not making that mistake again.
          Finer,

I'm glad that it worked out well for you in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post

anyone hunting for one of these, the sku is 635-617.
            Holy crapola, Batman! Sweet deal!

Comment

Nice! I thought for sure all those kits disappeared when it was switched to the 3 piece kit. If I ever run across and know about the $0.01 priced items, I'm using the self-checkout and dropping the penny in as soon as it scans. Once you have a receipt, it's yours.

Comment

[QUOTE=FINER9998;142978]joe d...have them check sku 206-676. it will probably, based on cpw's post, come up for $.01. if you are lucky, they will sell it to you for that price. if they say it must be "field destroyed", don't take no for an answer. keep insisting and you may get it for the last mark down of $24.50, as did cpw. failing that, read on for my last experience where they wouldn't sell something for $.01.[QUOTE]

I scored on the MSUV! Someone at HD got wise to the penny price and had printed a sticker with the new style MSUV sku and a bar code and placed it over the old one. I asked the very nice lady working in the department to check it and told her that the sku was wrong. She took another number off the box, went to the computer, called over another associate and both of them looked really confused. She admitted that it came up as only a penny. They both agreed that they would have to sell it for a penny, since that was what it was coming up for. Knowing that I couldn't self scan it and fearing I would never get it out of the door, I told her I didn't want to take advantage of HD and wanted to pay a reasonable price. She agreed and came back with an offer of $40. I came back with $24.99, explaining that other HD managers had offered the same. She was happy to make the adjustment. I couldn't believe it, but after all was said and done, 6 HD associates were involved with the transactions and none of them tried to kill the deal. I'm happy with Home Depot today. Nobody went stupid on me and I walked away with an MSUV for $25.
                Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Damn, I screwed up the quote.
                  Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_d View Post
                    I scored on the MSUV! Someone at HD got wise to the penny price and had printed a sticker with the new style MSUV sku and a bar code and placed it over the old one. I asked the very nice lady working in the department to check it and told her that the sku was wrong. She took another number off the box, went to the computer, called over another associate and both of them looked really confused. She admitted that it came up as only a penny. They both agreed that they would have to sell it for a penny, since that was what it was coming up for. Knowing that I couldn't self scan it and fearing I would never get it out of the door, I told her I didn't want to take advantage of HD and wanted to pay a reasonable price. She agreed and came back with an offer of $40. I came back with $24.99, explaining that other HD managers had offered the same. She was happy to make the adjustment. I couldn't believe it, but after all was said and done, 6 HD associates were involved with the transactions and none of them tried to kill the deal. I'm happy with Home Depot today. Nobody went stupid on me and I walked away with an MSUV for $25.
                    Congratulations! There are some really good HD associates out there who really do have their heads screwed on right and want to help the customer. I'm glad you were able to find them when you needed it.

Comment

Good call, Joe D. Glad to see both you and HD took the high road in the matter - you agreed to pay them the last reasonable clearance price, and they agreed to sell it to you rather than junk it.

On another note, was just at my local Michigan HD last night, and the Ridgid 5 gallon aluminum twin-stack air compressor is marked down to $199, from a previous price of $299.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                        Good call, Joe D. Glad to see both you and HD took the high road in the matter - you agreed to pay them the last reasonable clearance price, and they agreed to sell it to you rather than junk it.

On another note, was just at my local Michigan HD last night, and the Ridgid 5 gallon aluminum twin-stack air compressor is marked down to $199, from a previous price of $299.
                        If that one hits $99 I think Ill buy it!

Still upset about missing out on the 2.5gall though.

Comment

joe d...glad itworked out for you. never be afraid to pitch them a low ball offer. i got the $200 36" rail kit for my ts2412(low end predecessor to the 3660) for $20. also got the $89 herc-u-lift when it was sold as a separate accessory for $10.
                          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Something new here. I was just at my local Michigan HD the other day, and I noticed a few things that I believe people might want to know about. The value pack of 4 of the Ridgid wet/dry vac filters, which is usually $45 or so, is now marked down to $22.50. Also, I see something new at this local HD that I haven't seen around very much, even though I believe it is an older product. This HD has a bunch of the Ridgid Clean Shop Networks, tagged at $69 each.

Just an FYI for everyone - great deal on the filters pack. Cheers.

Comment

I guess they are going clearance on the 4 pack filters everywhere. They were a special buy back around Christmas. It was a good deal at the regular price of 4 for the price of 3 but for some reason they just didn't catch on and sell that good. I think out of the original 12 cartons we received we've sold two.

Guess we'll see a lot of them on Ebay here shortly.

Another great buy right now for the folks that use Ryobi. There is a 18V drill with one battery and charger for $29.97. That's a heck of deal seeing how a battery by it self costs that much and the charger sells for $24.95. Supplies are limited on them so if you want one hit the BORG 1st thing tomorrow.
                              Last edited by harley130; 06-03-2008, 08:22 PM.
                              sigpicSeldom Wrong, BUT Never in Doubt

Comment

Originally posted by harley130 View Post
                                Another great buy right now for the folks that use Ryobi. There is a 18V drill with one battery and charger for $29.97. That's a heck of deal seeing how a battery by it self costs that much and the charger sells for $24.95. Supplies are limited on them so if you want one hit the BORG 1st thing tomorrow.
                                These are pretty much identical to a promotion at christmas time that got me hooked on One+ (at that time it was a P206 for $40). These are a P207, but at least externally they are identical. The SKU is 821-198.

I picked up five of them tonight. Two for me. One for my Dad, FIL, and a friend. The Fishkill Home Depot will get some tomorrow afternoon. The Mohegan Lake Depot should have 43 of them left.

Comment

Working...
                                X