Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great deals at HD right now (Mar 4/08)...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great deals at HD right now (Mar 4/08)...

Originally posted by buildenterprises View Post
    The one you saw is the 5 gallon unit. The 25. gallon looks identical, only half the size. Good luck still finding the 2.5 anywhere.
    It helps that the HD seems to hide them. At Mount Pleasant, NY there are no price tags or display models of it; the SKU comes up as inactive when I asked someone to look it up; I needed to climb on a shelf to get a good angle to figure out that one of the nearly identical boxes to the 5.0 gallon had 2.5 listed as the capacity; and then find someone else willing to get a ladder to pull it out of the overhead. Fortunately, it did come up as $49 when I went to check out.

Now I just need to explain to my wife why I need an air compressor when I don't have any air tools.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
      It helps that the HD seems to hide them. At Mount Pleasant, NY there are no price tags or display models of it; the SKU comes up as inactive when I asked someone to look it up; I needed to climb on a shelf to get a good angle to figure out that one of the nearly identical boxes to the 5.0 gallon had 2.5 listed as the capacity; and then find someone else willing to get a ladder to pull it out of the overhead. Fortunately, it did come up as $49 when I went to check out.

Now I just need to explain to my wife why I need an air compressor when I don't have any air tools.
      Just go buy the Senco nail gun set, then you won't have to explain a thing to the wife, right?
      Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
        Definitely worth the shot. At first, the girl at the CS desk didn't want to give it to me, and neither did the tool manager. But then, once he saw that I was yet again buying $400 in tools, he became a little bit more responsive to my reasoning. I kind of won him over when I explained yes, I understand I am past the 30 day price matching timeline (I bought them back on January 12th), however, I am still within the 90 satisfaction timeline - I could in essence still return the kits I had bought at $89.50, and then rebuy them at the new $59.50 price. He kind of gave me a grin once he got my reasoning, and gave the thumbs up. Again, scratch someone else's back - he knows I'll just respend it with them, which I did right there. It helps to be nice also.

Thank You very much for posting that. I went in today and went to the service counter. The girl said that you only have two weeks to match prices. I mentioned that I could just return the kits and re-buy because of Ridgid's 90 day deal. She said "your right, step around the side and we'll take care of it". $95.xx back in my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by spamadillo View Post
          I was thinking about picking up the Senco kit. They had about 5 of them this afternoon when I was there.
          I was there a few nights ago and they had 2 at my local HD. Thought about it, but figured Id go home and research the pieces first. When I went back the next night, they were gone.

All the Amazon reviews (for the kit and for each separate piece) were pretty mixed. If I didnt already have an angled finish nailer or brad nailer, I woulda bought the kit, but it wasnt a good replacement for the stuff I already have (I love my Bostitch 15 ga angled).

Re the pressure washer accessories: Im going to hang around and see if the rotonozzle goes another 50% off like the other accessories. Definitely worth it if it drops to 13 bux or so!

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by mdm View Post
            Thank You very much for posting that. I went in today and went to the service counter. The girl said that you only have two weeks to match prices. I mentioned that I could just return the kits and re-buy because of Ridgid's 90 day deal. She said "your right, step around the side and we'll take care of it". $95.xx back in my pocket.
            Not only Ridgid's, but Home Depot as a whole has a 90 day return policy

Comment

CPW..did you get the last one? please tell me there were one or two more that you passed up.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                CPW..did you get the last one? please tell me there were one or two more that you passed up.
                Finer, there is a decent chance that I got both the last 2.5 gallon compressor and Senco 3 pc set. On the other hand, since not even the orange aprons know where things are I might not have. The compressor was in the top overhead across from the compressor display. There was one 5 gallon aluminum, a 4.5 gallon cast iron, and then the 2.5 gallon in a bin. I think there might have been another box there too but can't tell.

I say not even the orange aprons know what is where, because the De Walt rep was there, and when he saw the guy had the ladder out asked him to pull down a DeWalt compressor, because none were below the display model. The associate's reply was something to the effect of "If you can find it, I'll get it down."

Also when I followed joe_d's advice and bought the 3 pc nailer, I asked if they had any Senco nailers and the lady said "only what we have displayed." After looking at the overheads a bit though I found it, and she got it down. I didn't see a second box of that either.

Comment

Originally posted by mdm View Post
                  It's funny how they make up rules as they go along. The two weeks thing is crap - sounds like the girl was just throwing out a number at you.

The girl I dealt with at first said that it's only the price match within the 30 days. When I explained the 90 days thing to her, she said no, that's ONLY if the tools are defective, and ONLY with the permission of a manager. That's when I kindly pointed to the return policies on the giant boards behind her, and on the Ridgid boxes, and stated that she didn't know what she was talking about, now please call Lee the tool manager. After 3 or 4 minutes of her insisting this was the way, I finally just about ordered her to get the manager over. Once he got there, before I had the chance to plead my case with him, she stated the same thing to him. She understood quite clearly by the look we both gave her that she needed to go back to whatever she was doing before, as it seemed she was smoking something.

I think that's why he worked easily with me - sort of an apology for the stupidity of some staff.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                    I say not even the orange aprons know what is where, because the De Walt rep was there, and when he saw the guy had the ladder out asked him to pull down a DeWalt compressor, because none were below the display model. The associate's reply was something to the effect of "If you can find it, I'll get it down."
                    Sad.

Comment

The one you saw is the 5 gallon unit. The 25. gallon looks identical, only half the size. Good luck still finding the 2.5 anywhere.
                      You guys were right, it was the 5 gallon unit.
                      I looked everywhere, up high, down low, behind every box in the store....nadda.
                      As the very last resort.........I asked an employee, and of course the computer said there was none anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry86 View Post
                        You guys were right, it was the 5 gallon unit.
                        I looked everywhere, up high, down low, behind every box in the store....nadda.
                        As the very last resort.........I asked an employee, and of course the computer said there was none anywhere!
                        Larry,
                        You might have to get a little dirty and help the HD folks organize their inventory. I found mine 2 days ago under a pile of 5 gallon units. I have not been able to locate anymore. The HD tool guy was shocked that the sku existed when he asked me what I found. Its still a mystery why the Ridgid website classifies the compressor as NEW and yet its special-priced at $49. Kudos to the member that discovered the sale and shared! I mentioned in another thread that the HD tool guy stated that the 24V 3pc kit may not be stocked at that HD because of the lack of sales. Any thoughts on the fate of the great concept 24/18V capability max select tools?

Comment

I talked with a friend of mine who works at a tool repair shop. He has seen a bunch of the Ridgid 2.5 gallon compressors come through the shop. They may have liquidated the inventory of them to replace that model with better version.

Comment

CPW..you may be right about the 2.5 comp. checked the store over this morning and nothing was readilly apparent in the overheads. BTW, there were 3 more senco nail kits in the harware aisle after the tool corral walking away from the customer service desk.
                            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                              CPW..you may be right about the 2.5 comp. checked the store over this morning and nothing was readilly apparent in the overheads. BTW, there were 3 more senco nail kits in the harware aisle after the tool corral walking away from the customer service desk.
                              I don't think those three Senco boxes in the overhead are the finish kit. The kit that I got was below three other smaller Senco boxes. I managed to play with the finish nailer a bit today and both it and the compressor worked pretty well just banging some nails into 2x4s. The manual is really crappy though. They have it in 3 languages, but there are no clear instructions on where the knobs, etc are on the tool so you kind of have to just guess on how to use it. I still haven't figured out how to remove the nails from it yet.

Comment

The Senco three nail gun kit with wheeled carry bag is down to $99, pretty good considering the 15 gauge nailer alone goes for about $180. Don't forget to sign up online at homedepot.com to get your 10% off coupon for movers.
                                Can anyone supply the sku# for the Senco gun kit? I know the chances are getting slim in finding a set but I did find the $49 compressor a few days ago as I neatly organized the inventory at HD.

Comment

Working...
                                X