Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great deals at HD right now (Mar 4/08)...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great deals at HD right now (Mar 4/08)...

Just got back from HD over in Detroit earlier today. Some great deals going down right now on Ridgid tools.
    • The 10" mitre saw was $159 I believe.
    • The Ridgid MaxSelect 24 volt XLi Starter Kit (model # R937, SKU # 965-110) has been marked down further, from $89.50 down to $59.50. Now, I went to 4 different HD's, and there was no more of these to be found. But, I bought a couple back in January, so I was able to talk my way into one of the tool manager's giving me a refund back from the difference. So, if anybody else out there has bought this kit in the last 90 days, have them check the SKU at your local HD, and see if you can't get the difference back.
    • The new Ridgid 12 V lithium-ion drill/driver (model # R82007, SKU # 589-891) is in fact only $118, not the originally announced price of $129. I just picked up one, and I will be doing a review of it later on.
    • There are still a TON of the $99 single-battery kits of the Ridgid 18V Compact Lithium Ion drill.
    • The dual battery kit of this same drill has been marked down to $168 (from the earlier price of $187, which was marked up from the original price of $179).
    • The Bosch CS20 direct-plug circular saw (SKU # 556-672) has been marked down to $69 from $129 (!)
    • The Ridgid 24 Volt Lithium-Ion 3 Piece Combo Kit (model # R931) has been marked down from $379 to $339.
    I couldn't find anymore of the 2.5 gallon aluminum twin stack air compressors. There were also a lot of the older Ridgid drills and kits, with the older NiCad batteries, which were marked down between 5-15%, to make way for the newer Lithium-Ion versions of these same tools. I also had the chance to see some of these - nothing special; they are simply the older 18 volt tools, packaged up with the newer 3.0 Ah 18 volt lithium-ion batteries. Also, there is a general Ridgid promotion going on right now, with various corded tools on sale for about 20% off (recip saw, 1/2 VSR drill, circular saw, etc.)

All in all, some sweet deals on some of the stuff.

Re: Great deals at HD right now (Mar 4/08)...

Hey its still march 4th, so please dont mind me if I add to the list

Their pressure washers are still the same clearance prices, but the DeWalt accessories are even better deals now.

Water broom now 13 and change
    Rotary nozzle now 24
    Extension wand now 5

I have to get a price adjustment on the water broom that I just paid 26 for last week.

-Chris

Comment

I'll have to try to get a refund on the 24v starter kit. I bought the last three that were in the store back in mid Jan. $90 is $90.

Comment

Just did a review for the Ridgid Dual Voltage Cordless Wet/Dry Vac (model # WD2450, SKU # 642-623). Check it out at:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...864#post125864

Comment

And a review of the Ridgid 12 volt "Micros" lithium-ion drill/driver (model # R82007, SKU # 589-891)...

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16174

Comment

The Senco three nail gun kit with wheeled carry bag is down to $99, pretty good considering the 15 gauge nailer alone goes for about $180. Don't forget to sign up online at homedepot.com to get your 10% off coupon for movers.

Comment

I was thinking about picking up the Senco kit. They had about 5 of them this afternoon when I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by mdm View Post
                I'll have to try to get a refund on the 24v starter kit. I bought the last three that were in the store back in mid Jan. $90 is $90.
                Definitely worth the shot. At first, the girl at the CS desk didn't want to give it to me, and neither did the tool manager. But then, once he saw that I was yet again buying $400 in tools, he became a little bit more responsive to my reasoning. I kind of won him over when I explained yes, I understand I am past the 30 day price matching timeline (I bought them back on January 12th), however, I am still within the 90 satisfaction timeline - I could in essence still return the kits I had bought at $89.50, and then rebuy them at the new $59.50 price. He kind of gave me a grin once he got my reasoning, and gave the thumbs up. Again, scratch someone else's back - he knows I'll just respend it with them, which I did right there. It helps to be nice also.

Comment

I also saw that the Husky power washers were about 50% off. They're just cheapo electric ones, and definitely just for standard home owner usage - washing the car, deck, etc. But still were some great deals.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                    I also saw that the Husky power washers were about 50% off. They're just cheapo electric ones, and definitely just for standard home owner usage - washing the car, deck, etc. But still were some great deals.
                    they were still the regular $90 and $60 (iirc) when i looked at them today at the borg...so will the clearance price show up at the register?

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
                      they were still the regular $90 and $60 (iirc) when i looked at them today at the borg...so will the clearance price show up at the register?
                      Not sure. But when I was in there, one that was normally $169 was only $92 or $93. Another one that was normally $99 was $59. This is at the HD's in Michigan, so not sure if that was a regional thing. This was on the red plastic Husky powerwashers - one was the small 1600 psi one that came with the wall mount setup, and the other one was a larger 1800 psi (I think that was the amount), and was the upright model with roller wheels and the detergent reservoir.

Comment

Are those twin stack compressors still $49??

I was just in my local HD today and seen one but it was marked $249 or something like that.

Could it really be? If it is I will be there bright and early in the morning!

Comment

I gotta bring my reciept too.. I paid $24 just ~2 wks ago, Yahoooo.

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
                          Hey its still march 4th, so please dont mind me if I add to the list

Their pressure washers are still the same clearance prices, but the DeWalt accessories are even better deals now.

Water broom now 13 and change
                          Rotary nozzle now 24
                          Extension wand now 5

I have to get a price adjustment on the water broom that I just paid 26 for last week.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Larry86 View Post

I was just in my local HD today and seen one but it was marked $249 or something like that.

I think the one you saw is probably the 5 gallon. The one that was on sale for $49 was 2.5 gallons. People are still finding them around here and there so check the boxes and make sure they are not in the wrong spot. Good luck!

Eli
                            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry86 View Post

The one you saw is the 5 gallon unit. The 25. gallon looks identical, only half the size. Good luck still finding the 2.5 anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X