The MaxSelect Line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The MaxSelect Line

I bought the Lithium-Ion 18v compact drill kit. It came with the drill, 2 batteries, charger and a bag. My question is does the maxselect line work with the 18v Lith???? The reason I ask is because in the specs it says it works with 18v cad and 24v lith.......Does that mean 18cad, 18lith - 24lith?

Re: The MaxSelect Line

Yes, those tools will work with the 1.5 and 3.0 amp 18 volt lith batts. You will get more work time out of the 3.0's though.
    For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Comment

Yes, will work fine with all MaxSelect tools.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
        Yes, will work fine with all MaxSelect tools.

The performance is not the same as the rpms will be less.
        Did you notice the 18V 3ah 4pc kit has the OLD tools, not max select in it. Not the best idea to run a 24V motor on 18v batteries. What is the point of them since you can not even buy any 24v battery starter kits. Ridgid CS told me that no 24V items are being made now and not date as to when of if they will go back into production. No answer here from Ridgid here either as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
          Did you notice the 18V 3ah 4pc kit has the OLD tools, not max select in it. Not the best idea to run a 24V motor on 18v batteries. What is the point of them since you can not even buy any 24v battery starter kits. Ridgid CS told me that no 24V items are being made now and not date as to when of if they will go back into production. No answer here from Ridgid here either as far as I know.

I bought 2 of the 24 volt Max Select Starter Kits in February. I was very much aware that there might be a problem with the internals of the battery that caused malfunctions as I had read prior threads regarding 24 volt battery problems. Sure glad that I read the other threads because they showed me what to look for as far as potential problems. I contacted Ridgid Tech support by telephone and email and they assured me that Ridgid had a commitment to the 24 volt platform. Parts and replacement batteries were readily available and that I should have the batteries replaced under warranty via my local service center. Dropped the batteries off on the 12th and picked up new ones on the 19th without a hassle.

Comment

Good to hear good service news with the 24 volts, Spinalzo. Thanks for the update on that.

I too have some of the 24 volts. I appear to have bought mine with a later production date than the ones with issues. No problems with them yet (knock on wood).

Comment

Originally posted by korte View Post
              I bought the Lithium-Ion 18v compact drill kit. It came with the drill, 2 batteries, charger and a bag. My question is does the maxselect line work with the 18v Lith???? The reason I ask is because in the specs it says it works with 18v cad and 24v lith.......Does that mean 18cad, 18lith - 24lith?
              I am a little surprised that you state the specs say the compact drill will run on the 24V LI batts. We have several of the 18V Compact drills and if I remember correctly they are not a Max Select tool and have a detent so a 24Volt battery will not fit in the battery mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
                You have posted this statement regarding no 24 volt production several times now. I have continued to see renewed inventory in my local HD. When I was in the store yesterday the Ridgid rep was there and he stated that Ridgid considers the 24V tools to be an important component of their tool line and they will continue to produce it.
                Andrew, I suggest you send an email to Ridgid regarding the 24V power tools. I believe you received incorrect information from the phone call. As you will not from other posts in this thread and others people are continuing to purchase 24 volt products and batteries from HD stores and the online service center and receive batteries from Ridgid service centers.
                Good luck..Ray

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                  I am a little surprised that you state the specs say the compact drill will run on the 24V LI batts. We have several of the 18V Compact drills and if I remember correctly they are not a Max Select tool and have a detent so a 24Volt battery will not fit in the battery mount.
                  Ray, I think you have to read into the grammar. I understood it to be that he bought the 18 volt lithium, and he's asking if he can use those batteries with the MaxSelect tools: "My question is does the maxselect line work with the 18v Lith???? The reason I ask is because in the specs..." I do believe he's asking about the specs for the MaxSelect tools, not necessarily the compact drill.

Think that's what you meant, right Korte?

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                    You have posted this statement regarding no 24 volt production several times now. I have continued to see renewed inventory in my local HD.
                    Andrew, I also concur with what Ray's saying with this. I get what your saying Andrew, but it seems to not be an issue. Now, we all know how the information flows out from Ridgid, but I've also been seeing that it appears to still be there.

And it seems that about 50% of your posts in the last little bit is "stupid idea to run 24 volt motors on 18 volt batteries", or "dumb idea", or some other very pessimistically worded variance of this. We get that you don't like the MaxSelect tools - thanks. Not saying that your view is wrong, but it just seems to be a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                      Good to hear good service news with the 24 volts, Spinalzo. Thanks for the update on that.

I too have some of the 24 volts. I appear to have bought mine with a later production date than the ones with issues. No problems with them yet (knock on wood).

Have read some of your posts regarding your 24 volt tool acquisitions and when I had the opportunity, I snagged a couple of batteries & chargers with the Max Select Starter Kits. What a noticeable difference in the ones that really matter - circular saw and recip. Didn't think so until I tried it. Also, having read other posts regarding batteries, it gave me a heads up on what to look for in performance and an idea as to when they weren't performing. The good thing is that Ridgid has a commitment to the 24 volt line and the response time on service (at least at my service outlet) and parts is kept to a minimum. May you go long without needing service, but if you do, may it be a short one.

Comment

Yes, it is a nice power boost. Makes my circ howl almost as good as a corded counterpart.

Comment

This is all fine, 24 volt lithium batteries that give substancially improved performance to the tools they power, but I'm disappointed there are not more tools! How about a heavy duty1/2" impact gun? How about a 4 1/2" grinder? Milwaukee and others are offering a wider selection of tools and Ridgid is still very limited. What's the down side of giving the competition some competition?

Comment

I feel your pain, Franki. I too want to see more of the MaxSelect tools. Waiting, waiting, waiting....

Comment

Working...
                            X