Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid vs. Dewalt

AM
    Taking the 24V theory to another level: If Ridgid decides to compete with Milwaukee/DW with a 28/36V I guess the current maxselect would be maxxed-out because the motors are for 18-24V. This could explain a lot about current Ridgid marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by reconx View Post
      AM
      Taking the 24V theory to another level: If Ridgid decides to compete with Milwaukee/DW with a 28/36V I guess the current maxselect would be maxxed-out because the motors are for 18-24V. This could explain a lot about current Ridgid marketing.
      I think that is correct seeing what is being said and the lack of store stock. Again a 24V motor on 18V is just a stupid idea. I see that Milwaukee's new vac can use 2x 18V batteries so the nicad's can give better performance, weight is of little concern on a vac. I am going to look into that vac as I have 6 ,18V batteries.

Comment

I'm thinking someday there will be a 98 volt, 132 volt cordless drill that's so heavy that you have to wear a shoulder harness to hold it while using.

It's funny watching these shows when the women are using these cordless drills. They are extremely heavy and definitely a two handed task for smaller people.

I keep a large corded drill on the truck, my dewalt hasn't been used in years and the smaller skil I haven't touched in 4 years. I bet the batteries are shot on both.

There's a Skil drill that pivots, I believe a 9.6 that is a workhorse of a small drill. Has a setup to drill holes, drive screws including a small light.

Buy two keep the other charged, fits in your work bag and takes up very little space.

For hammer drill capability, very impressed with the ridgid product.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
        X