Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R8411503 service needed. What should I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R8411503 service needed. What should I do?

My drill recently went out on me. I think the switch shorted out. I called my local service center and they said they could fix it under warranty if I had a reciept or my warranty card. When I bought the tools new I filled out the warranty info and sent it in with reciept and got this cool looking warranty card. Well I can't find my card now. Can they just look that stuff up on their computer? If not, what do I do?

Re: R8411503 service needed. What should I do?

Call Ridgid customer service, get them to look up your info for you, and ask them for whatever info you need to give to the service center reps to get the repairs done. Then, ask them to send you a replacement warranty card thing, and make a photocopy of it and keep it in a safe place.

Comment

I'd give RIDGID Customer Service a call and ask them what to do. It sounds like you're registered and setup for the LLSA Program so it shouldn't be a big deal to figure out something.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

thanks for the help guys. I'll give it a try

Comment

i don't get it. i brought a 14.4v impact driver in for service(driver bit stuck in quick connector). left them my name and tel #. the repair shop checked everything with Ridgid and shipped the repaired toll back to me 10 days later free of any and all charges, including no charge for shipping. it was LSA registered and catalogued in my EBox. doesn't registration require cataloging tools in an EBox? based on my experience, you shouldn't have to provide them a copy of anything.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

It all depends I guess on the quality of the customer service level at the individual repair shop you're going to. Depends on whether or not they're willing to do the work for you, or they want it done quick and easy, so you need to get them the number. Either way, it's not hard for Mattrust to get the number himself for them, and he's going to need another copy of his warranty card potentially for the future.

Comment

Working...
            X