X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2410 Stand

Saw the new jobsite saw at HD today. It was in the box, so I'm just going by the picture on the side.

The pivot points on the stand have been moved to the middle of the legs. Now the stand creates an "X" when set up. There are wheels on one side (like the 2400) and adjustable feet on the other.

And it's the same cost as the 2400.

Re: TS2410 Stand

I bought a 2410 yesterday for $404. They had one 2400 and one 2410 in stock, so I asked for the 2410. They had to get it down out of the overhead. Until I pointed it out, they weren't aware there was a difference because they have the same SKU so the computer just showed 2 in stock.

I never owned nor used a 2400, so I don't know how the stands compare, but this new stand is VERY easy to open and close. You never have to take your hands of the handles and you never have to lift the stand off the ground.

Here are a few pics for those who are curious. It was fresh out of the box, so I hadn't yet put the rip fence on, etc.

Comment

How firm is the new base when you try to shake the saw around? I have the 2400 and the base is one of the things I like. Its very stable and the saw does not shake or wobble with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
        How firm is the new base when you try to shake the saw around? I have the 2400 and the base is one of the things I like. Its very stable and the saw does not shake or wobble with it.
        That's the first thing I tried. It's pretty stable when I give it a light shove. I have not fired it up and cut any wood yet.

Comment

The old stand is very good,built very well except I added another bolt/knob to have 2 to lock , it is very secure. I do not like how the new legs stickout, mine folds flat, I do not see how this design is better, it looks like a lighter build quality from the pic. Never heard any complaints about the orig. stand.

Comment

does that bar on the left side double as a stock support for the tablesaw

Comment

I am wondering the same ... also, looks like the new stand is easier to set up -- especally the front end.

Originally posted by J-man12 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Wagon Man View Post
                I am wondering the same ... also, looks like the new stand is easier to set up -- especally the front end.
                Not having used a 2400, I cannot say whether it is easier, but it is definitely easy. It's a one-step, single motion process to setup and to take down.

Comment

Originally posted by J-man12 View Post
                  The bar you are referring to is about 1/4" lower than the table top. I hadn't thought of using as a support. Guess Ridgid didn't either as it would have been easy to make it 1/4" higher and make it level with the table.

Comment

Ouch, what a pity that the designers missed the golden opportunity.

May be they just want to leave it to the consumer to attach something with 1/4" thickness on to the bar to make it "perfect" ??

Originally posted by dc-tn View Post
                    The bar you are referring to is about 1/4" lower than the table top. I hadn't thought of using as a support. Guess Ridgid didn't either as it would have been easy to make it 1/4" higher and make it level with the table.

Comment

Using it as stock support came to mind for me as well but thinking about it more I think Ridgid actually put some thought into it and didn't use it as such. If this were a miter saw it would be fine since the piece stays stationary. On the table saw the piece needs to slide smoothly and that rubbery grip would tend to drag on the piece pulling it away from the fence, increasing the danger of kickbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
                        Using it as stock support came to mind for me as well but thinking about it more I think Ridgid actually put some thought into it and didn't use it as such. If this were a miter saw it would be fine since the piece stays stationary. On the table saw the piece needs to slide smoothly and that rubbery grip would tend to drag on the piece pulling it away from the fence, increasing the danger of kickbacks.
                        Very true. The rubber grip is not at all slick. It would grab onto anything you set on it.

Comment

Working...
                        X