X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID Lithium Compact Drill Driver R86006

Anybody know anything about this drill? I just ordered one off of Home Depot's website for $149.00 with free shipping. I had originally seen it in the store for $168.00. Seemed like a good deal to me especially with Ridgid's lifetime warranty. It even says that it includes two of the 3 amp high capacity batteries. It says that it is backordered, but I guess that I can wait for that price.

Uh oh!

1) The R86006 and R86006SB drill kits have the R840084 (mini) 1.5Ah lithium-ion battery, not the R84008 (maxi) 3.0Ah battery.
    2) Consider buying the new R86111 hammer drill kit if you want the 3-point-oh's.
    3) Both drills are good.
    4) I went to HD.com and read the product description for the three drills. Either the R86006 is incorrect or a steal! I must investigate further.
    Last edited by 60187guy; 03-13-2008, 05:43 AM. Reason: Addition to original information. (4)

Comment

Re: RIDGID Lithium Compact Drill Driver R86006

It is interesting that the website says it comes with 3.0ah batteries. I would still expect the 1.5 battereies to show up. That's what ridgid's website shows coming with the compact drill, and that's what has been included in the past. The $149 is still a great deal.

Comment

I also saw the $168 price in todays HD flyer in the local paper. the HD website has a "20% off Ridgid" graphic on the home page, but everytime I clicked it I just got a blank page. after several trys it finally came up and showed the drill was not available at my closest local HD store -- but available online (backordered) just as jjmilller states. went ahead and pulled the trigger @ $149 also -- not sure when it will get here, but I can wait. I expect the 1.5 Ah batts to be in the box as well.

of course it's not apparent that the LLSA Program will last indefinitely, so I guess it's possible I may not get the drill before the program is discontinued. hmmmmm maybe I should cancel my order and try and find it at one of the other HD stores locally for $168?
        Last edited by spriteman; 03-13-2008, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Why wait?

If you print out the online ad and take it to a Home Depot store, will the store honor the price in the ad at the store?

Comment

Originally posted by spriteman View Post
            of course it's not apparent that the LLSA Program will last indefinitely, so I guess it's possible I may not get the drill before the program is discontinued. hmmmmm maybe I should cancel my order and try and find it at one of the other HD stores locally for $168?
            I figured the same. With my luck, the drill probably won't come until after the LLSA Program is discontinued. If this happens I may cancel the order and buy a cheaper drill. The LLSA is the biggest reason for buying the Ridgid since all batteries will eventually fail and the drill becomes a throw away due to the high cost of a replacement battery. Or I may keep it since the price is so reasonable. We will have to wait and see.

Comment

Where are you getting your information about the LSA possibly ending? Does the local HD stock that particular combination of drill plus Li batteries?
              Last edited by reConx; 03-13-2008, 02:24 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by reconx View Post
                Where are you getting your information about the LSA possibly ending? Does the local HD stock that particular combination of drill plus Li batteries?
                I'm not saying that the program is possibly ending. it's just if you read the Lifetime agreement on the Ridgid site

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Power-Tool-Warranty

It gives the impression that it MAY be a limited offering (from the website):

In addition to the 3-Year Limited Service Warranty currently included with RIDGID® Brand Hand Held Power Tools Stationary Power Tools, and Pneumatic Tools, purchasers of these products may elect for a limited time to receive a free Lifetime Service Agreement........

of course, by "limited time" they may mean the purchaser has a limited time (90 days) from date of purcgase to register their tool for the LLSA program. but, the way it's worded it's not clear -- at least not to me. of course, all the people that have registered will probably be grandfathered in -- I would suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by jjmiller View Post
                  The LLSA is the biggest reason for buying the Ridgid since all batteries will eventually fail and the drill becomes a throw away due to the high cost of a replacement battery....
                  ^^ Agreed

Comment

Sprite,
                    I reviewed the LSA and can understand how one can interpret it one way or another. My interpretation is we got "90 days from purchase to register for the LSA". I checked out the R86006 on the HD website and it has got to be the biggest typo or bargain out there if they honor the complaint. If I got a 3 year warranty for $149 plus 2 Li 3.0s I would not shop anywhere else.

Comment

While its true that the LSA sounds like it may come to an end, it has been worded that way for a couple of years now, so don't hold your breath. I think it was worded like that as a saftey claus in case something happens but I don't see that in the near future. So buy now or later or both!

Comment

Originally posted by reconx View Post
                        .... If I got a 3 year warranty for $149 plus 2 Li 3.0s I would not shop anywhere else.
                        well, I suspect the Li 3.0's is indeed a typo. but, if I can get the Li 1.5's AND lifetime battery replacement it's still a great deal for $149.

Comment

well, I suspect the Li 3.0's is indeed a typo. but, if I can get the Li 1.5's AND lifetime battery replacement it's still a great deal for $149.
                          I agree. The Li 1.5's will probably be good enough for me. If it does come with the 3.0's then that would just be a bonus. The lifetime battery replacement is what definitely seals the deal for me, especially for $149.

I also considered buying the drill from my local HD store. It is listed in their ad for $167. I also have a 10% off voucher that I received in the mail which expires at the end of the month. This would have made the drill $150, but they said that I couldn't use the voucher on sale items. So I guess I will wait on the backordered one.

I'm probably going to use the voucher to buy the Ridgid 5" random orbital sander. Does anybody have and comments on the sander?

Comment

I'd just like to add that I bought the drill (just drill, 1 battery, and charger for $99) a couple months back and I love it. I'm a full time student so I have to look for every excuse to use it on the weekends. I did some serious cleaning on my grill this last weekend with a wire brush wheel on the drill. I ate up a fully charged battery and had to recharge it once.

I very much doubt you'd have problems with two 1.5ah batteries even if you were to use it as a daily work tool. I get by fine with just one battery, considering it takes 30min at the most to charge. With two you're set. I'd cause a stink about the 3.0ah and get some proof if it is a mistake. You might get some compensation for it.

Comment

I returned my $99 promo drill today (drill & 1 battery) and ordered the one online for $150. I haven't even had a chance to use it, but I figured that for an extra $50 the second battery was worth it. It'll be nice to have for the next round of home improvements.

Comment

Working...
                              X