X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 24v 4 piece set

I was out last weekend and got a great deal on the dewalt xrp 4 piece set (drill, sawzall, circular saw and flashlight)... but then on my way back through town - i ran into the new home depot to check out the ridgid sets because of the lifetime warranty deal (i always seem to kill a battery before a tool). They had the 4 piece 24v li-ion set for $279 (same tools as above)... so now I have to choose (and fast before my wife takes both back). I've read a lot on the forum about the 24V issues - but that seems to have died down lately... but there still seems to be a lot of clearance items going on with the 24V ridgid sets (which leads me to believe there still may be an issue or two). Why does Ridgid seem to offer Li-ion at a much cheaper price than the others? I know the adv. of Li-ion over Ni-Mh or Ni-cad so this seems like a winner if the short-comings of the tools or issues with the LSA don't out-weigh them. I'd really appreciate the opinions of the user forum in helping to make up my mind. Thanks

Re: Ridgid 24v 4 piece set

I have those same tools in the 24v, and so far I like them alot. $279 is a steal, I would jump all over that.

Comment

Re: Ridgid 24v 4 piece set

I've had the 24 volt 4 piece kit for 8 months. Paid alot more than $279 for it.

FWIW I've had 2 battery failures already. Not sure if it was the same battery or not.

I would still do the same deal over again.....no regrets...yet

Comment

Working...
      X