• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I missing something - Radio/charger

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    Would this be better?

Mark
    I guess.

(I'm more of a Sig Sauer fan myself, that and Glock, due to my security/policing training and exposure.)

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
      And then...there should have been some sort of a mounting setup to work with the Ridgid chargers. Some sort of a docking bay, if you will, for a charger. Maybe something of a two peg setup, to work with the pocket hole hanging mounts on the charger. That way, someone can "mount" one of their chargers to the radio, and have it run through the outlets.
      I wonder if they can get around the Dewalt patent that way. Instead of integrating the charger, build a seperate compact charger that can dock neatly on the radio without taking up much extra space. Have it plug with its own power cable into one of the gfci ports that should be included. That wy it's technically not integrated into the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
        I wonder if they can get around the Dewalt patent that way. Instead of integrating the charger, build a seperate compact charger that can dock neatly on the radio without taking up much extra space. Have it plug with its own power cable into one of the gfci ports that should be included. That wy it's technically not integrated into the radio.
        Exactly. And not even to have a separate "compact" charger needing to be bought. But if at one end or another, or at the top in the middle maybe, some sort of a mounting recess - sort of like how the battery attachment area is at the back of the radio. That way, the current RapidMax 18 volt, or the 24 volt, chargers can fit on.

I'm telling ya, give me a job Ridgid, I'll make you some coin!

Comment

I guess.

(I'm more of a Sig Sauer fan myself, that and Glock, due to my security/policing training and exposure.)
          It's almost like the drain machine debate as I like them all. I have pistols from Browning, Colt, H&K, Kimber and Springfield while my son-in-law has a Glock and my three sons were issued Colt, Berretta and Sig Sauer from work.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            It's almost like the drain machine debate as I like them all. I have pistols from Browning, Colt, H&K, Kimber and Springfield while my son-in-law has a Glock and my three sons were issued Colt, Berretta and Sig Sauer from work.

Mark
            MMMmmmmmm....Kimber.

The Beretta's are a nightmare. Not used very much anymore (definitely not by choice, or by majority decision) in law enforcement on this north side of the border. Berettas in the last decade or so have found to have horrible quality control, overall design, and manufacturing issues. Many services have switched away from them.

The Sigs are just sexy beasts. P226 40 cal, baby. (Sorry, wrong type of tool forum.) Back to the conversation at hand....

Comment

Hey Josh ... why don't you suggest to the boys in R&D to design a battery charger that has a radio built in to it!

Comment

Originally posted by BoobTheBuilder View Post
                Hey Josh ... why don't you suggest to the boys in R&D to design a battery charger that has a radio built in to it!
                Best suggestion yet!

Comment

everyone is crying about this radio not having a charger. Don't you have to plug in the Dewalt Radio for the charger to work? Doesn't matter to me if there is no charger or not. No one works any job with just one battery charger on site. Maybe priced a bit high, but come on guys they can't do anything about the charger issue.

Comment

How about making it really IPOD compatible. All it does is play music through a aux input. You cant navigate through any functions in the IPOD. Very poor excuse for a radio even after all the other systems already released with better options. They should have tried using it before releasing it. Better luck next time. But you can scan race channels, wow. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by tony2wd View Post
                      How about making it really IPOD compatible. All it does is play music through a aux input. You cant navigate through any functions in the IPOD. Very poor excuse for a radio even after all the other systems already released with better options. They should have tried using it before releasing it. Better luck next time. But you can scan race channels, wow. Nice job.
                      Agreed that the radio was not everything for everyone. Personally I don't care about having a radio with the Ridgid logo, charger or not. I would much rather have some greater selection of tools, 4 1/2" grinder, 1/2" heavy duty impact gun and others. DeWalt and Milwaukee just to mention a couple of Ridgid's competitors have these tools in their cordless lines. Why isn't Ridgid offering a much wider selection to go with their 18 and 24 volt lithium batteries? I don't get it, they are missing out on potential sales. I would much rather add to my Ridgid tools than buy from another manufacturer.

Comment

Milwaukee doesn't have a jigsaw, planer, or caulking gun available for their 28 volt line, Frankie, so that's initially what drove me to Ridgid's MaxSelect line. The Ridgid compact drill is great as well - I bought two drills for the batteries and ended up keeping one of the drills for some lighter jobs. I started off with Milwaukee 28 volt though, and would stick with that for impact driver and grinder if I had my choice. I also have the Milwaukee radio and it is great and it does not have a charger. The Ridgid one looks all right - don't know if it sounds as good as the Milwaukee with the Rockford Fosgate system - nice to work with on a nice day though.....

If I didn't have a radio yet, though, I probably would look at it. Then again, maybe it will be $79 in a year or so.....

Reaction seems a bit harsh in the forums........

I can appreciate your frustration on lack of tool choice, had it with Milwaukee myself. DeWalt does have a huge line of tools, but that yellow colour sucks man.... I'll take big red or orange any day....because you gotta look cool when your working....
                        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          Agreed that the radio was not everything for everyone. Personally I don't care about having a radio with the Ridgid logo, charger or not. I would much rather have some greater selection of tools, 4 1/2" grinder, 1/2" heavy duty impact gun and others. DeWalt and Milwaukee just to mention a couple of Ridgid's competitors have these tools in their cordless lines. Why isn't Ridgid offering a much wider selection to go with their 18 and 24 volt lithium batteries? I don't get it, they are missing out on potential sales. I would much rather add to my Ridgid tools than buy from another manufacturer.
                          Frankie,

I'm getting an implied feeling that you want to see more MaxSelect tools.

Comment

Frankie,

I'm getting an implied feeling that you want to see more MaxSelect tools.
                            Um, could be!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                              Milwaukee doesn't have a jigsaw, planer, or caulking gun available for their 28 volt line, Frankie, so that's initially what drove me to Ridgid's MaxSelect line. The Ridgid compact drill is great as well - I bought two drills for the batteries and ended up keeping one of the drills for some lighter jobs. I started off with Milwaukee 28 volt though, and would stick with that for impact driver and grinder if I had my choice. I also have the Milwaukee radio and it is great and it does not have a charger. The Ridgid one looks all right - don't know if it sounds as good as the Milwaukee with the Rockford Fosgate system - nice to work with on a nice day though.....

If I didn't have a radio yet, though, I probably would look at it. Then again, maybe it will be $79 in a year or so.....

Reaction seems a bit harsh in the forums........

I can appreciate your frustration on lack of tool choice, had it with Milwaukee myself. DeWalt does have a huge line of tools, but that yellow colour sucks man.... I'll take big red or orange any day....because you gotta look cool when your working....
                              I've come to the conclusion that I can't get everything I want from one company. The 18 volt Ridgid tools I have are great, drill, circular, reciprocating, impact, and 12 volt right angle. I'm kind of tired of dragging cords around when I need a 1/2" heavy duty impact gun so I'll either wait a while longer to see if Ridgid grows their tool line or go with another brand. Everyone has different needs, for example when I use a caulking gun it is for small jobs, but for the guy who is going through several tubes at a time I can see the need for a power tool. Why wouldn't Milwaukee offer a jigsaw? Makes no sense since it is a widely used tool. It is kind of frustrating to not get everything you want or need from one manufacturer, but at least the tools are out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X