r3120 blades wont stay in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r3120 blades wont stay in

i just bought a used r3120, i got a good deal on it, i went and bought some bosch progressor T type blades, when i pull the lever back to put them in ,they wont seat the whole way, ive really pushed and even taped the top of the blade and they still wont go in the whole way. when i let go of the lever they just pull right back out, any suggestions, is there anything that can go bad down inside there?

Re: r3120 blades wont stay in

Originally posted by wilk View Post
    i just bought a used r3120, i got a good deal on it, i went and bought some bosch progressor T type blades, when i pull the lever back to put them in ,they wont seat the whole way, ive really pushed and even taped the top of the blade and they still wont go in the whole way. when i let go of the lever they just pull right back out, any suggestions, is there anything that can go bad down inside there?
    We have a couple of the cordless jig saws and they require a little "messin" with to get the blades to go in sometimes. I turn them upside down so I am looking into the blade holder. The blade release arm actually overthrows the mechanism a little past the insertion point. You will see that when looking at the mechcanism while pushing the relaese arm. Let off the release arm a little so the mechanism is in line and insert the blade. You may have to wiggle it a little while pushing to get it in.
    good luck....Ray

Comment

hey I had the same problem...inserting the blade firmly, with the spring lever a little less than fully open seemed to do the trick. BUT...the blade never seems to be in complete alinement with the body...when you try to cut a straight line, the body of the jigsaw is not straight. anybody else have this irratating problem?

Comment

Sounds like the blade is not seated properly. The mechanism gets easier to use with age, they have very tight tolerances when new.

Comment

Actually my experiance has been that the entire blade and shoe mechanism is poorly designed and or manufactured. I received my first cordless jig saw as a bonus when purchasing my first 24V set. The blade was always at a slight angle when the shoe was level with the work and the blade was very difficult to stay inserted and to run straight. I returned that saw and the replacement worked the same way. We kept the saw and actually got another one as part of a 18V set purchased a year later. The jig saw that was included with that set has the same problems. I emailed Ridgid at one time and they responded that they had no knowledge of problems with the saw.
          We kept them as we have found a way to jiggle the shoe until it is close to square and the blade is usually straight. We kept them because they were very cheap as part of the set's and they are usefull for alot of jobs that don't require fine tuning. For that we pull out the Bosch corded jigsaw!

Comment

Working...
          X