X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 3660/3650 Assembly Q.- CI wing flatness to main table

When doing final adjustment of the side CI wings to the main table, how flat is flat?

When I put the straight edge across the main table it is also about as flush as my straight edge. I can maybe see light shine through on one or two places, but can't get a piece of paper in any gap (real or imagined).

Using the c-clamp technique from the online manual to do wing adjustment and truing I got it perfectly flush (at least as flush as my straight edge) on the front edge where the rail will go.

However, when I put the 24" straightedge so that it goes from the main table across to the wings, I can see a gap or two that I can slide the edges of one or two sheets of paper under. Also, on the left wing, I can feel that the wing isn't perfectly flush. Maybe a couple pieces of paper thickness high in front.

Is this normal/ok? Am I being way too anal for a piece of workworking equipment?

Re: Another 3660/3650 Assembly Q.- CI wing flatness to main table

Depending on the exact location, it'd generally take a pretty darn big deviation to translate to a measurable cutting error. As long as the wood passes smoothly over it, and the saw cuts accurately, I wouldn't give it any thought. Setup is the place to get picky....fence and blade alignment, miter gauge, stops, blade selection, splitter alignment, ZCI, etc.

Comment

Re: Another 3660/3650 Assembly Q.- CI wing flatness to main table

As long as you are flush at the wing joints (table top, front and rear edges) you're good. Took me a "minute" to figure out the gaps you're talking about don't affect accuracy.

Comment

Working...
      X