Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 or TS2410 ?

All,

First time poster here. Based on the good reviews of so many folks on the forum, I went ahead and bought the TS2400LS saw today. It was $404 on sale, and they took my 15% off Harbor Freight coupon, so it $360 or so out the door.

The only model the HD I purchased mine at had in stock was the older style TS2400LS, so that's what's in my garage. The one up the road also has the TS2410LS (but none on display). From what I can gather from the forum here, the only difference between the two is a new stand on the 2410 with a design more similar to the Bosch jobsite saw (see pics of the new stand in this thread http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16376 ).

I'm sure I could get the other HD to swap my 2400 for a 2410 (after all, they do have the same SKU). Is one any better than the other? I've read reviews that say the 2410 stand is the best thing since sliced bread, while others have implied it does not look as beefy.

I'm hoping someone on the forum has seen both and can give me some insight. I am in a unique position here where I can have either model for a short time and still have the same great price.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Re: TS2400 or TS2410 ?

The TS2400LS table saw stand is a very sturdy, mobile and well designed stand. The TS original mobile stand was available from Ridgid for purchase alone for use with other bench tools. It required a two step process to open but it was a very ridgid work platform. I read that the only difference between the table saws is the new style mobile stand. No changes were made to the motor or fence. I do not think you can find a better table saw/stand for $360 whether its TS2400LS or TS2410LS.
    Last edited by reConx; 03-22-2008, 11:45 PM.

Comment

I'm the one who posted the pics of the 2410 in that other thread. I have never used a 2400 to be able to compare the sturdiness or durability of the two stands, but having worked with the 2410 for an hour or two the other day, I can say that it is plenty sturdy. I didn't have any problems whatsoever with it tipping, sliding, or moving on me while cutting. And with the Freud Diablo 60-tooth blade I put on it, it went through 3/4" MDF and red oak like a hot knife through butter. Plus I love how easy it is to set up and take down.

Comment

Dc-tn,

Is it a 1-step process to set-up/take down now? The 2400 requires one step to release the first set of legs, and another to raise the saw up. Also, I heard a rumor that the 2410 has a riving knife (splitter that raises up and down with the blade) as opposed a normal splitter (like on the 2400) that is stationary no matter what position the blade is in. Any truth to this ?

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye95 View Post
          Is it a 1-step process to set-up/take down now? The 2400 requires one step to release the first set of legs, and another to raise the saw up. Also, I heard a rumor that the 2410 has a riving knife (splitter that raises up and down with the blade) as opposed a normal splitter (like on the 2400) that is stationary no matter what position the blade is in. Any truth to this ?
          Yes, it's a one-step process. To open and set up the saw, you grasp the handles, press the release latch with your foot, and pull the handles down and toward you until the stand opens fully and the saw is set up and ready to go. To take it down, you grasp the handles, press the release latch with your foot, and lift the handles until the saw is on its side and the stand has latched itself in the closed position.

The riving knife is just a rumor. There isn't one. Just a standard removable blade guard/splitter assembly.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

How does the standard blade seem to be? I see that Amazon has a Forrest WWII 10", 32-tooth blade on sale for $52, so I was considering that as my next purchase depending on the quality of the included blade. I'm no saw expert, but I do hear consistently that your saw is only as good as the blade.

Regards,

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye95 View Post
              How does the standard blade seem to be? I see that Amazon has a Forrest WWII 10", 32-tooth blade on sale for $52, so I was considering that as my next purchase depending on the quality of the included blade. I'm no saw expert, but I do hear consistently that your saw is only as good as the blade.
              I'm no expert either, and I have heard the same. I haven't used the standard blade. It's a 28-tooth blade, and my projects are primarily building speaker cabinets out of 1/2" ply, so I bought a Freud Diablo 60-tooth blade, and put it on before I ever fired up the saw for the first time. Very nice!

Comment

Working...
              X