X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Laminate Trimmer?

Burned out my laminate trimmer. Was thinking of replacing it with the Ridgid variable speed heavy duty one. Was wondering if anyone might have some insight to sway my decision. I just joined the forum and have really been enjoying it. Keep up the good work.

Re: Ridgid Laminate Trimmer?

Welcome to the forum!

I have the ridgid laminate trimmer and I like it a lot. I use it weekly for formica and wood veneers. I also have a couple of the PC trimmers and don't like them as much. The pluses of the ridgid are very nice feel in the hand, soft start, good switch placement and the variable speed. I don't use the variable speed really, but it's nice to have the option if needed.

One HUGE con to the ridgid is there is no offset base or tilt base available like many other brands have. I don't understand this. It is the only thing that keeps me from loving this tool because I need an offset base every week. If you don't, by all means go ridgid. If you do, sadly you will have to pass on it in favor of the PC, DeWalt, Bosch or others. All depends on what you use it for.

Eli

P.S. My trainee just got the bosch colt trimmer today. I will give it a try tomorrow and report back. Upon first look it is bigger and heavier than the ridgid.
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Re: Ridgid Laminate Trimmer?

Thanks,Eli! I,m gonna grab it.

Comment

Working...
      X