max select question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max select question

How many cuts can be made per charge with a max select circ saw fitted with an 18 volt max 2.5?
    For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Re: max select question

Depends on what you are cutting. What are you talking about?

Comment

2x4 SPF

Comment

You're looking at between 120 to 150 with that. The MaxSelect circular saw is estimated to run approximately 250 cuts with the 24volt XLi battery on 2x4's. I've experienced right around that (about 225-ish to 240-ish) with my 24 volt batteries. I've also used this saw with my 18volt lithium ion 1.5 Ah batteries, and I get about 65-85 cuts. So, with the 2.5 Ah Max nicad battery that you're wondering about, depending on the condition of your batteries, you're looking at right about 130 cuts (anywhere between 100 to 150, depending on your batteries). Hope this helps.

Comment

this info was very helpful, thank you. How many could i get with the 3 ah lithiums?

Comment

Not quite sure, since I don't yet have a 3.0 Ah lithium ion battery yet. I would figure about 150 to 175 or so, comparing to the other numbers. Hard to say though, as that saw is a heavy drain on 18 volt batteries as it is, and your nicads may end up performing a bit better than the lithiums, unless the lithiums are given a bit of time between cuts to recover a bit.
            Last edited by canucksartech; 04-05-2008, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Depends on what's being cut and hard much you lug it down while cutting

Comment

Working...
              X