blade and manual for R 8452 18v rotary saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blade and manual for R 8452 18v rotary saw

I have an R 8452 18v saw that needs a blade. I searched the Home Depot site for a 6 1/2 inch blade and none was listed. I could also use a manual for it , a search of the lit on this site did not turn one up - anybody know where I can get these?

Re: blade and manual for R 8452 18v rotary saw

i could not find a ridgid blade at my local HD store but i did find 2 packs of dewalt blades they turn backwards compared to a ridgid saw so i just put the dewalt blade in backwards, ( dewalt printed side of the blade to the inside of the saw so you cannot see any writing on it) worked great,
    benchmark also makes a good replacement blade in that size.
    i am lucky the company i work for pays to have my blades sharpened and retoothed now

Comment

Re: blade and manual for R 8452 18v rotary saw

Originally posted by techneau View Post
      I have an R 8452 18v saw that needs a blade. I searched the Home Depot site for a 6 1/2 inch blade and none was listed. I could also use a manual for it , a search of the lit on this site did not turn one up - anybody know where I can get these?
      You can find replacement blades at HD for this saw (they should be around in your local HD's for your listed location). I have the 24v/18v MaxSelect circular saw, and it uses the same 6 1/2" blades. Now, HD does not have the exact same OEM blade that comes with this saw (the silver one, with orange and black labelling). But what they do have is the replacement Ridgid "titanium" blades. Apparently, they're made for Ridgid by Freud. They are gold in colour, and have the same 6 1/2", 24 tooth framing blade profile. A nice step-up blade from the OEM one that comes with the saw. I think they retail for around $13.

At around the same price, Freud themselves have the Diablo blades. It is a painted red blade, with the same 6 1/2", 24 tooth framing profile. A very nice blade also.

HD does also have the 6 1/2" DeWalt replacement blades, like Stuart said, but I'm not a fan of them. I picked up a pack once, due to them being a couple of dollars cheaper per blade. But I found that they had a slight out-of-straightness wobble to them, and I personally found that they were easy to throw a tooth if you hit a tough spot with them. Solidified for me yet again that you get what you pay for.

But, you can't go wrong with either the Ridgid titanium or the Freud Diablo replacement blades. Either of these work very nicely with this saw. They are also nice and easy to resharpen, and hold a sharpening well, and seem to be the best bang for your buck.

Comment

Working...
      X