Black Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Friday

Hehe, maybe next sale coupon is for "Outlaw Tool World" ?

Anything to save them a buck I guess.

Comment

Topic: Lowes 15% off power tools

No where in the 2 Lowes I went today displayed any trace of 15% off power tools (I never knew Tool World really existed until you guys mentioned it so I looked up at the ceiling and found Tool World). I "coached" the Lowes staff about the new promotion that is NOT related to the month-old dewalt sale (10-17% off). They gave me access to their computer and I checked-out twenty different power tool item numbers and each item was 15% off (drills, drill press, rotary drill, air gun, miter saw etc). The 15% off is on til 4/6/08 because I have my receipt for my items with the new price versus the normal everyday price/sticker and clearance items.
      Last edited by reConx; 03-29-2008, 03:15 PM. Reason: update

Comment

[quote=Phil3;132053]I am going by Lowe's tomorrow to get the bottom of it. A drill press is a power tool, and it is smack dab in the middle of tool headquarters in the store. If that is not Tool World, I'd sure like to know what is.

[quote=Phil3;132060]\ Considering Delta 17-950L or Ridgid DP1550.

Phil: FYI: I think the Delta drill press you are considering at "TOOL WORLD" for $369 scanned for 313.65 ...Let me know which one you decide on, thanks
        Last edited by reConx; 03-30-2008, 06:28 PM. Reason: update

Comment

I got 15% off a DW712 SCMS for $186 + tx. at Lowes , on the isle across from tool world. Lowes is YMMV. [$389 at amazon]
          Hd really is a pain anymore, and I only shop there if I have to as for Ridgid products. I am going to try to see if they wil drop the Fuego price from $79 with the Lowes promo. Some have gotten them to but I doubt they will do Ridgid tools, but some have gotten a disc. on the 3650/60 I read on another forum for example.

The dw712 is Made in Italy and is the best build of any of their miter saws. The slide is as good as my Makita LS1013L.

Comment

AM: Great find in the DW712. There are no DW712s left in my area but the Hitachi C10FSH 10-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser is being clearanced out from $449 > $ 381 > $324 with the 15% Power Tool Event at Tool World. I was hoping to pick up a DW712 for trim work but the Hitachi has had good reviews as a slider. The DW will be lighter/compact but ten inch blades are more common. Lowes can have great clearance prices but each Lowes has a unique time-line on price reductions. I picked up the PS40 for 116 but it is still 179 at other Lowes/HD. (Lowes knocked off another 15% during power tool week)
            Last edited by reConx; 03-30-2008, 06:27 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by BigOrange1 View Post
              It gets better guys....I rec'd one of those famous HD email ads: Up to 20% on Ridgid and DeWalt. Mine said the offer was good til 03-26. 1st trip in, nobody knew ANYTHING about it. 2nd trip, the guy knew it was already over but couldn't say when it ended. He asked 3 co-workers and they just shrugged. 3rd trip I printed off my email ad. Stood in front of the MS1290 and a kid comes rushing over. Almost fainted when I showed him the ad since he had no idea it existed either. He took me to the service desk and "she" said, "If he's got the koopon we best do it." The "she" discovered she couldn't overide the price (marked down from 499 to 449 for over a month now). "She" got a "manager." He said the 20% was already included in the mark-down. I said, "20% of 500 is 100, so if what you're saying is correct, the price would be 400. He looks at "her" and says, "You got a calculator?" Then he disappeared for SEVERAL minutes. Upon returning he says, "You want it for 4?" "Yep." "OK, but it's not on sale... the other tools are on sale, but I'll letchahavit for 4." What other tools, I ask. He shows me a list with 3 items (that's right....3) on it. No, I didn't notice what they were but I bought the MS1290LAZ and got out of Dodge (figuratively speaking). Bottom line is, I constantly have conflicts there over sale pricing that the personnel very seldom are aware of. If it wasn't the only halfway affordable game in town, I'd switch!
              If you read the print of the sale it stated "up to 20% off" not 20% off everything. I have noticed in the HD's in my area that all promotions are on end caps. I would check those in the future instead of speaking with HD associates.

Comment

UR absolutely right...it said "up to 20%. I knew that going in....the HD guy was the one that started making it the full 20, not me. I was just trying to find out how much it was discounted and then make a decision from there. My local HD does put promos on end caps but they just sort of leave them there in spite of any current promotions.

Comment

Hi everyone, a little update on my weekend with HD and the 15% off lowes coupon. Returned to my local HD early Sat. morning hoping to see some different faces in tool crib and at the service counter. Was not dissapointed and to make a long story short recieved the 15% off on my tool purchase. Big change in attitude from Fri-Sat.. Must just depend on who you talk to!!

Comment

Working...
                  X