X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday

With tommorow being the supposed black friday at the depot, does anyone have any news on this? Is it real and what is offered?
    For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Re: Black Friday

it is real. it is mostly for outdoor L&G items PW, trimmers, etc. They are still having the race for savings thing until the end of the month. And not that anyone on here would probably be interested in the "homeowner brand tools" but they are going to have some deals on Ryobi stuff. Then April 17th the Ultimate Power Deal is supposed to be coming back and they are going to have a sick deal on the Ridgid MSUV and what ever deals they are running to try and get people out of their houses despite the outrageous gas prices.

Comment

Do you mean there are going to be additional promotions tomorrow, in addition to those on display today.

Comment

I was at HD early this AM and didn't see anything special going on. Could be just my local HD but nothing jumped out at me to indicate that today was anything other than a normal day at HD.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I must say I was disappointed to see the weekly ad online yesterday with only a few items "on-sale." I stopped by HD after work last night just to take a look, but nothing major to report.

But I am extremely happy to hear about the return of the Ultimate Power Deal. I've heard the MSUV is going on-sale for $99. If so, it's time to get another!

For those who aren't aware, Lowe's has already started their Power Tool Event, with 15% off power tools.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...vent_0308.html

-O&B

Comment

Hello all, just returned from HD and they would not honor my 15% off coupon from Lowes on ridgid power tools, have banners hanging all over the place saying they will honor anyone elses lower price on same brand only. Tool guy said only on same brand and lowes does not sell ridgid. I then asked him for a 10% discount on a magor tool purchase of about $2000 and he said no but we have 6 months free interest on our HD credit card. They let me walk out. Guess maybe it is time to find a new store.

Les

Comment

That kid should have given you the 10 % off at least. I understand not honoring Lowes warranty but you really should have gotten that 10 % off. If you came into my store, I wouldn't have thought twice. You would have gotten the 10 % off and left happy. Just my thoughts, maybe try another H.D in the area if there is one.

Comment

Big disappointment! Went into my HD this morning expecting to see something special. What was there? A display of assorted DeWalt tools for $69-big whoop!

Comment

And I had no clue about this Black Friday, no special ad in the papers that I saw. Amazon is having a Dewalt special right now...... But I don't need anything, I'm good.......
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Orange&Blue View Post
                    I must say I was disappointed to see the weekly ad online yesterday with only a few items "on-sale." I stopped by HD after work last night just to take a look, but nothing major to report.

But I am extremely happy to hear about the return of the Ultimate Power Deal. I've heard the MSUV is going on-sale for $99. If so, it's time to get another!

For those who aren't aware, Lowe's has already started their Power Tool Event, with 15% off power tools.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...vent_0308.html

-O&B
                    I called Lowe's as I wanted to see if I could the Delta 17-950L drill press for a discount under their 15% off Tool Yard sale. Nope. Sale does not apply to the drill press. ??? A drill press is a tool, no?

- Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Phil3 View Post
                      I called Lowe's as I wanted to see if I could the Delta 17-950L drill press for a discount under their 15% off Tool Yard sale. Nope. Sale does not apply to the drill press. ??? A drill press is a tool, no?

- Phil
                      from the Lowes web
                      (*Offer includes all in-stock power tools, pneumatics, and compressors located in Tool World. Wet/dry vacs also included. All Special Order tools, hand tools and tool storage and other accessories are excluded from the promotion. No tools located outside Tool World are eligible for the promotion. Offer valid 3/27/08 through 4/6/08. Selection varies by store. Discount taken at register. While supplies last. See store associate for details.)
                      Maybe it's not in Tool World. And here is where I show my ignorance or lack of observing things. I bet I am in Lowes an average of 3 times a week and I have NO idea what or where tool world is. Guess I'll go find it tomorrow. (Is it better than Disney World?)

Comment

I find it funny that they can even track whats in and out of "Tool World" (it does exist, warehouse ceilings are so high we probably never look up to see the signs hanging )

Ive seen DeWalt tools in Tool World and on end caps of the electrical aisle (clear across the store from "Tool World"). Does that mean they are or are not discounted? I find it really vague for Lowes to use Tool World as a pre-req for the discount.

And FWIW, every drill press Ive ever seen there is in Tool World. But maybe the drill press area is subletted from Tool World, and is called Drill Press World?

Lowes just lost a little of my respect with this "discount".

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
                          I find it funny that they can even track whats in and out of "Tool World" (it does exist, warehouse ceilings are so high we probably never look up to see the signs hanging )

Ive seen DeWalt tools in Tool World and on end caps of the electrical aisle (clear across the store from "Tool World"). Does that mean they are or are not discounted? I find it really vague for Lowes to use Tool World as a pre-req for the discount.

And FWIW, every drill press Ive ever seen there is in Tool World. But maybe the drill press area is subletted from Tool World, and is called Drill Press World?

Lowes just lost a little of my respect with this "discount".

-Chris
                          I am going by Lowe's tomorrow to get the bottom of it. A drill press is a power tool, and it is smack dab in the middle of tool headquarters in the store. If that is not Tool World, I'd sure like to know what is.

- Phil

Comment

It gets better guys....I rec'd one of those famous HD email ads: Up to 20% on Ridgid and DeWalt. Mine said the offer was good til 03-26. 1st trip in, nobody knew ANYTHING about it. 2nd trip, the guy knew it was already over but couldn't say when it ended. He asked 3 co-workers and they just shrugged. 3rd trip I printed off my email ad. Stood in front of the MS1290 and a kid comes rushing over. Almost fainted when I showed him the ad since he had no idea it existed either. He took me to the service desk and "she" said, "If he's got the koopon we best do it." The "she" discovered she couldn't overide the price (marked down from 499 to 449 for over a month now). "She" got a "manager." He said the 20% was already included in the mark-down. I said, "20% of 500 is 100, so if what you're saying is correct, the price would be 400. He looks at "her" and says, "You got a calculator?" Then he disappeared for SEVERAL minutes. Upon returning he says, "You want it for 4?" "Yep." "OK, but it's not on sale... the other tools are on sale, but I'll letchahavit for 4." What other tools, I ask. He shows me a list with 3 items (that's right....3) on it. No, I didn't notice what they were but I bought the MS1290LAZ and got out of Dodge (figuratively speaking). Bottom line is, I constantly have conflicts there over sale pricing that the personnel very seldom are aware of. If it wasn't the only halfway affordable game in town, I'd switch!

Comment

At the local Lowes here all the TS, MS, planers, etc. are kept just outside Tool World. You could go with BigOrange1's method of using common sense against them (20% of 500 is 50??) but who knows if that will work.
                              Does Lowes ever have markdowns on the tools "outcast" from Tool World? I've been looking at a Delta TS (6-8" smaller than 3650 - space issues) and the price never changes. I have the 10% coupon but still would have to get the fence seperately.

Comment

Working...
                              X